Facts, Not Fiction

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Welcome to the Rugby World Cup. I am surprised none of the federations that would have had a runner advanced with a DQ protested. If I were Goule I would have been DQed. I would have punched her.
    why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

2. Collapse Details

I am usually in the "let em run camp and I am not familiar with Ms Nakaayi,s running history/reputation but her persistent overly aggressive behavior today certainly seemed DQ worthy.

3. Collapse Details

Thought I'd accidentally switched the channel to MMA for a second.

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    I am usually in the "let em run camp and I am not familiar with Ms Nakaayi,s running history/reputation but her persistent overly aggressive behavior today certainly seemed DQ worthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paced View Post
    Thought I'd accidentally switched the channel to MMA for a second.
    my GUESS is that if we had modern hi-def/slo-mo replay available of all past major w800s (and other mid-distance races either sex) the boo-birds would be gasping.

It's like the old maxim about NFL football in that the refs if they wanted to be nitpicky they could call offensive holding (or defensive!) on every play, should they execute the rules to the maximum letter of the law.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shank View Post
    It blows me away why so many runners try to get by on the inside, especially in the stretch, rather than take it outside and have a clear run for the tape. Sure, it's a bit farther, but then you can just run.

So far, no DQ evident.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    I have no problem with people passing on the inside if they do it without interfering, the way Matthew Centrowitz did in the Rio 1500 final, but not this Nakaayi nonsense.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    Goule and Sum should have filed protest despite the fact that they advanced, just to keep her out the final. Now all the finalists will suffer.

7. Collapse Details

The Ukrainian, who is the third fastest loser, can file a protest.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    The Ukrainian, who is the third fastest loser, can file a protest.
    Why can't Goule and Sum file a protest? I think they're being shortsighted if they don't.

9. Collapse Details

To me, it looked like (and was commented on, on TV) that Nakaayi knocked Gouyle backwards / off her stride.

Reminds me of Robles knocking Liu back in '11

10. Collapse Details

If the referees/ umpires / officials didn't think she should be DQ'd, I doubt anyone anywhere can be DQ'd