Facts, Not Fiction

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Anybody still like tactical races in WC/OG's? Hassan was about 1 sec. slower that Centrowitz gold medal run.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Marcinkiewicz View Post
    I'm not suspicious of the results of any athletes training with Salazar's group. The 10K - 1500 double is one we should be used to seeing in absolutely dominating fashion.
    I'm even less suspicious of the trips certain transplants make just before hitting the DL or WCs.

Yeah, I know. Save it for another thread.

3. Collapse Details

The announcers kept talking about the first ever to win the 10 and the 15 in the same meet. I'm wondering if anyone has ever competed in both events? It's a highly unusual double to even attempt.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Madd Marine View Post
    I'm even less suspicious of the trips certain transplants make just before hitting the DL or WCs.

Yeah, I know. Save it for another thread.
    Hate to say it and hope it doesn't lead to "suspension". After almost 70 years of following TF, I am on the side of the doubters.

5. Collapse Details

I shouldn't be so cynical. There were a number of performances in that race to celebrate and I should have focused on them. Unfortunately those performances tend to get overlooked. Selfishly I'm hoping for a tactical men's 1500 but then I'm pulling for Lewandowski, Centrowitz, and Engels.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    Anybody still like tactical races in WC/OG's? Hassan was about 1 sec. slower that Centrowitz gold medal run.
    While I definitely enjoyed this race, I find tactical races more enjoyable to watch.

7. Collapse Details

Was perusing the splits for the top 4, and interested to see Tsegay, better known for her front-running, with a faster final lap than Houlihan and everyone else save Hassan and Kipyegon:

Hassan: 63.53, 62.42, 61.46, 44.54 (final 300m), 59.34 (final 400m)
    Kipyegon: 63.81, 62.30, 61.80, 46.31 (300), 61.27(400)
    Tsegay: 63.72, 62.54, 61.63, 46.49 (300), 61.53 (400)
    Houlihan: 63.96, 62.70, 61.63, 46.70 (300,) 61.82 (400)

Of course, other than Hassan, the other three's third 400m and final 300m were all essentially even-paced in a long drive for home, so turned out to be a test of their speed-endurance over the final 700m rather than a last-lap kick.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    8:06 is the toughest record of them all. But she could certainly come much closer to it than anyone ever has. Could the 10k WR be a possiblity as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Marcinkiewicz View Post
    I'm not suspicious of the results of any athletes training with Salazar's group. The 10K - 1500 double is one we should be used to seeing in absolutely dominating fashion.
    3:51.92/29:31.78, it's been a while....

9. Collapse Details

Administrator
    please stop while you're ahead

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tgs3 View Post
    While I definitely enjoyed this race, I find tactical races more enjoyable to watch.
    personally I hope there is never a tactical race again in any major championship