Facts, Not Fiction

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CookyMonzta View Post
    run deeeeeep into Soviet/Chinese territory
    seems to be happening a lot the last few years and this week. technology and training are catching up to 80s doping....or so it would appear at least

2. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    Nobody should be stating, or implying, that Hassan has does anything "wrong" other than making a stupid choice of coach. She made the choice, she needs to accept that there is now fallout around that individual. She shouldn't be shocked that people get judged by the company they keep.
    Exactly....especially with all the suspicions and investigation going on...you reap what you sow....

3. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    I disagree. The only reason that tactic made sense is because Hassan knew that there was no one else in the field who could match her speed and strength. I'm not sure it would have worked if a 2015-vintage Genzebe was in the field, maybe 50%/50% at best.
    Right....the only way it works is being significantly faster than the rest of the field....otherwise the others just draft....

4. Collapse Details

Thank you Laura Muir for stating the obvious

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mungo man View Post
    Thank you Laura Muir for stating the obvious
    I think these athletes should just keep their mouths shut.

Paula Radcliffe is now in a nasty twitter war with Betsy Andreu because of Paula's own actions in threatening to sue a journalist over her own blood values prior to her World Record marathon.

Jenny Simpson apparently was caused a bit of embarrassment when LetsRun.com asked her about her own association with with Dr. Jeffrey Brown, with which she has used his services. She clammed up real quick in her interview with them after that.

I doubt any of these athlete's have even read any of the findings of this arbitration, which appear to be somewhat grasping at straws. I mean when this is one of the quotes of the panel?

"The Panel notes that [Mr. Salazar] does not appear to have been motivated by any bad intention to commit the violations the Panel found. In fact, the Panel was struck by the amount of care generally taken by [Mr. Salazar] to ensure that whatever new technique or method or substance he was going to try was lawful under the World Anti-Doping Code, with USADA’s witness characterizing him as the coach they heard from the most with respect to trying to ensure that he was complying with his obligations. The Panel has taken pains to note that Respondent made unintentional mistakes that violated the rules, apparently motivated by his desire to provide the very best results and training for athletes under his care. Unfortunately, that desire clouded his judgment in some instances, when his usual focus on the rules appears to have lapsed. The Panel is required to apply the relevant law, the World Anti-Doping Code and its positive law enactments in the rules of international sports federations, in discharging its duty, and here that required the Panel to find the violations it did."

Mr. Salazar may be guilty, and if so, he will get his just reward (meaning after he goes to CAS for an appeal). But, I think some of these athletes should just keep their mouths shut when it comes to the other athletes unless they want someone scrutinizing everything they have ever done or said.

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    this thread is for discussing the Doha w1500 competition. If you want to discuss Salazar, please take it to the appropriate thread in Current Events

7. Collapse Details

Not to be blunt but Muir's problem isn't Hassan but the 3-4 other women who beat her in every major championship.

8. Collapse Details

Maybe GD-S will shock the world in Tokyo. She's already shocked me in a great way, 3:56? Just amazing.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    Not to be blunt but Muir's problem isn't Hassan but the 3-4 other women who beat her in every major championship.
    You seem to be implying that only the medalists have a right to say the things Muir said.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    Maybe GD-S will shock the world in Tokyo
    I didn't know Genzebe Dibaba got married
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...