Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    How many women can break 4:00 for 1500 after a 8500 meter non-stop warm up?
    Only six could handle the 8500m warm-up. Either the women's 1500 or 5000 field will be breathing a sigh of relief when Hassan makes her decision on which event she's entering on Wednesday.

EDIT: What kind of 800 shape do y'all reckon Hassan is in right now? Better than her PR (1:56.81) from 2 years ago?
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 09-30-2019 at 01:22 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Either the women's 1500 or 5000 field will be breathing a sigh of relief when Hassan makes her decision on which event she's entering on Wednesday.
    In the 10K, Masbach said she had chosen the 5.

3. Collapse Details

BBC saying the Dutch Press have announced Hassan is running the 1500

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wiederganger View Post
    BBC saying the Dutch Press have announced Hassan is running the 1500
    The way it's been sounding all week is that Hassan's wanted to do the 1500 and Salazar has wanted her to do the 5000. I wonder if Hassan decided not to listen or if it was just mindgames from Salazar all along.

5. Collapse Details

5000 is an easier medal to win. Obiri is not in her top form, and Gidey does not have the closing speed. There is more uncertainty involved in 1500, but it would be a more impressive win.

So the question is whether to go for a safer title, or for a more remarkably achievement. Salazar wants the former, and Hassan wants the latter.

6. Collapse Details

My theory is, NOP wants total domination, so they send Hassan to do the 1500 because Klosterhalfen is better over 5000 and Hassan would win whatever she runs.

7. Collapse Details

I know this may sound crazy, but...
    A 1500 heat on Wednesday is a warm-up for Hassan, and she qualifies easily in the 5k heat 45 minutes later.
    Thursday is 1500 semis, again well within her abilities.
    Saturday's 1500 final starts at 20:55. Five minutes later she's done and has a 25 minute break until the 5k.
    I know this was deemed impossible up to this point, but is it? I think she can easily handle everything up to Saturday. If the 1500 turns into a jogfest/sprint, she could have enough in the tank for the 5k, in which she is the absolute class of the field.

8. Collapse Details

NOP is in shambles as of a couple hours ago.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bill S View Post
    I know this may sound crazy, but...
    A 1500 heat on Wednesday is a warm-up for Hassan, and she qualifies easily in the 5k heat 45 minutes later.
    Thursday is 1500 semis, again well within her abilities.
    Saturday's 1500 final starts at 20:55. Five minutes later she's done and has a 25 minute break until the 5k.
    I know this was deemed impossible up to this point, but is it? I think she can easily handle everything up to Saturday. If the 1500 turns into a jogfest/sprint, she could have enough in the tank for the 5k, in which she is the absolute class of the field.
    Sounds crazy and a fantasy. However, she already has a gold and a world record earlier in the season so not much left to prove. So why not shoot for the stars? Likely to cost her a second gold but would go down as a legend.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    Hassan ran 3:59.09 for her last 1500 in the 10K: imagine a "tactical" race here which goes in slower time!
    I think that qualifies as the insane stat of the week. (Particularly because it's true.)

(But she had a rolling start, so . . .)