Facts, Not Fiction

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    You seem to be implying that only the medalists have a right to say the things Muir said.
    The way I read booond's post was that, even if you take Hassan out of the picture (which isn't going to happen), Muir still has to contend with Kipyegon, Tsegay, and Houlihan. Not to mention Simpson has beaten her in Championship races.

That being said, if Muir can run 3:55 while recovering from an injury, she should be a factor come Tokyo 2020.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    I didn't know Genzebe Dibaba got married
    Dibaba is more or less finished.

3. Collapse Details

Strange passive aggressive comments here...

Guilty until proven innocent I guess : (

4. Collapse Details

Headline (Guardian): "Laura Muir says 'cloud' hangs over Sifan Hassan's stunning 1500m victory"

Text: "... And when it was put to her that the race was under a cloud because of Salazar, who was banned for four years by the US Anti-Doping Agency, she was clear. “Given the news of the past couple of days, I think there is a cloud,” the 26-year-old Scot said. “There’s no avoiding that. But all you can do is focus on your performances and for me to do that kind of race out there.”

Muir got done by the headline writer. She also said that, considering her injuries, she was proud of her performance and looking forward to next year. Let's not pile on her.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...pionships-2019

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    Strange passive aggressive comments here...

Guilty until proven innocent I guess : (
    That is not what some have said. " Pick a sleazeball coach, you get the publicity you deserve." Stop whining. Grow up.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Hassan could break the WR easily. Once again, a huge shame we're not going to see any post-WC meets this year.
    Nike could set up a WR attempt with pacers if they want, But she is running a half marathon in three weeks. (Valencia)

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    Dibaba is more or less finished.
    Funny.....I thought the quote was "A man is not complete until he is married. Then he is finished."

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
    Funny.....I thought the quote was "A man is not complete until he is married. Then he is finished."
    Genzebe is a woman......

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    That is not what some have said. " Pick a sleazeball coach, you get the publicity you deserve." Stop whining. Grow up.
    You need to calm down...guilt by association is a mediocre argument regarding someone hasn't failed a test.

10. Collapse Details

NOP has done wonders with her strength and form, and it sounds like they pushed her harder in training. When I talked with Salazar at USATF (adjoining treadmills) he said that they had worked on both of those things and now that some of the basics are better they can go after more form elements. Her old form must have wasted a lot of energy, since she was swinging around and sometimes a bit off balance. Those things add up two ways. Faster by themselves, and reduce injuries. KK has made some of the same gains, but her form was better coming to NOP; she looks stronger to me and probably weight a kilo more. I think she is getting more efficient with her hips/pelvis but I am only a semi-educated observer in that domain.