Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 160
  1. Collapse Details
     
    What were best marks for place?
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by player View Post
    At least Torrence was displaced from medaling by the people she complained about. And then went on to win an individual gold.

    Muir finished fifth and is going home with deserved zip. So, really, who cares.
    Perhaps Muir's comments do not measure up to the stiff upper lip of British tradition. But one cannot but have some sympathy, considering others (Suzy Hamilton, for one) in the past, who got worked over soundly, repeatedly, by tainted athletes in important races.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by player View Post
    At least Torrence was displaced from medaling by the people she complained about. And then went on to win an individual gold.

    Muir finished fifth and is going home with deserved zip. So, really, who cares.
    Conclusion: The messenger matters, content does not.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    To be fair, she was asked if there would be a cloud over the result given the coach just got a ban, which there will be, rightly or wrongly. She answered the question and moved on - not like she threw out accusations without stimulus
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazerite View Post
    What were best marks for place?
    Beijing 1993 by the legendary Ma's army.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazerite View Post
    What were best marks for place?
    2-11 are updated at
    https://trackandfieldnews.com/womens...r-marks-place/
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by CookyMonzta View Post
    I'd say the days of a tactical final are over. The sooner Genzebe Dibaba (whose WR 4 years ago in Monaco claimed Hassan as a victim) returns, the mandate will be simple: Either they are prepared to run deeeeeep into Soviet/Chinese territory, or they can forget about getting on the podium.
    I disagree. The only reason that tactic made sense is because Hassan knew that there was no one else in the field who could match her speed and strength. I'm not sure it would have worked if a 2015-vintage Genzebe was in the field, maybe 50%/50% at best.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    tallahassee
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by catson52 View Post
    Perhaps Muir's comments do not measure up to the stiff upper lip of British tradition. But one cannot but have some sympathy, considering others (Suzy Hamilton, for one) in the past, who got worked over soundly, repeatedly, by tainted athletes in important races.
    No one knows who is tainted and who is not. Or the extent to which there is any such distinction to be made. And making accusations oneself is no exemption on that count.

    When American athletes (e.g. Torrence) have presumed to accuse, I do dislike it as much as when it comes from another source.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Everybody knows this is nowhere
    Posts
    6,278
    I agree completely. Race tactics match the situation. If you believe you are stronger than the rest it's best to push the pace and avoid playing into the hands of a kicker.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by player View Post
    No one knows who is tainted and who is not. Or the extent to which there is any such distinction to be made. And making accusations oneself is no exemption on that count.

    Nobody should be stating, or implying, that Hassan has does anything "wrong" other than making a stupid choice of coach. She made the choice, she needs to accept that there is now fallout around that individual. She shouldn't be shocked that people get judged by the company they keep.
    Last edited by trackCanuck; 10-06-2019 at 02:55 PM.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •