Facts, Not Fiction

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    No kidding. Frerichs' strategy since 2017 was preposterous, the worst of any athlete I can think of during that time frame. I emphasized this a few weeks ago in the "how many medals?" thread.

What does Frerichs do now? She has nothing to draw from, via 2018 or 2019. This event was always destined to get stronger and stronger as the higher profile nature meant more countries would send their better athletes into the event. Merely via watching how poor some of the hurdles tactics are you can see that there is room for a breakthrough. That's why I'm not surprised by Krause at all.

Also during an Olympic year the Kenyans are going to be more than one deep. That was a big missed opportunity toward that bronze medal today.
    Those are some good points, but let's remember she took 6th, and beat 2 of the 3 Kenyans. The US was the first to have 2 finishers.

I'm sure her camp is having all these conversations also, and will make what they feel are the necessary adjustments for Tokyo.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bobguild76 View Post
    Those are some good points, but let's remember she took 6th, and beat 2 of the 3 Kenyans. The US was the first to have 2 finishers.

I'm sure her camp is having all these conversations also, and will make what they feel are the necessary adjustments for Tokyo.
    I would normally say the other 2 Kenyans sold out to help Chepkoech, but they did not seem to impact Colburn's race at all.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by asindc View Post
    I would normally say the other 2 Kenyans sold out to help Chepkoech, but they did not seem to impact Colburn's race at all.
    Yes, Kenyans are prone to use team tactics, but Chepkoech needed no help. The only help she could have received would have been for Chespol & Kiyeng to make life miserable for Coburn & Frerichs, but as you pointed out, that didn't happen.