Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    One of the q got in likely due to McNeal trying to get a head start.
    It was the big-Q Brianna Behan in the same heat as McNeal who got through because of McNeal's DQ.

Assuming McNeal would have run sub-13 and placed in the top 3 in that heat, and if all other times stayed the same, Behan would have been pushed down into 5th place, thereby losing the Q. Her 13.11 then wouldn't be good enough against the slowest small-q of 13.08.

2. Collapse Details

This event has some one-of-a-kind names, like Genesis, Luminosa, and Rikenette.

3. Collapse Details

I suspect their names are more common in the countries they come from. I also remember Genesis Moss from when I used to watch MTV over 10 years ago.

If anything I'm more surprised by names from non-English speaking countries that wouldn't seem uncommon in America, like Elvira Herman of Belarus and Kevin Mayer of France.
    Last edited by 18.99s; 10-05-2019 at 04:50 PM.

4. Collapse Details

Andrea Vargas, who set a NR with 12.68 today, has a sister who competed at these WC in the 20k walk! How often do we see siblings compete in such completely dissimilar events? Until now, the best example I could think of were HJer Yuliya Lyakhova and DTer Sergey Lyakhov.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    I'm always shocked when human beings do human things.
    I don't know man...An experience Olympic and World Champion false starting in a heat?
    We all make mistakes but that's a big one.

6. Collapse Details

At Moscow 2013 in the final, some knucklehead in the stands blew an air horn with the 100m hurdles gals in the "set" position. McNeal (Rollins in those days) got the worst reaction time (.263) and won the race anyway. She said nothing about the horn sound in the post-race interview that I saw. Wonder why she has a bunch of false starts this year?

7. Collapse Details

oops - wrong thread

8. Collapse Details

As I look at the performances in the semis, I can't help but think that Harrison may be in trouble once again. Only this time, it is not nerves; but it's that, with a 12.43 seasonal best, she has not been close to some of her best career performances. Her 12.58 semi makes me think she may be giving away too much; to say nothing of what happened at the last DL meet (lost by .27).
    Last edited by CookyMonzta; 10-06-2019 at 05:33 PM.

9. Collapse Details

I think this track is too fast for the short hurdles. I predict a messy final.

10. Collapse Details

WOW NIA ALI. What an upset!