Facts, Not Fiction

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Collapse Details

Danielle pressed a bit too much, hit h4 or 5 drifted to the right and that's all she wrote. Was def. in shape for 12.3x. Nia Ali executed pretty much perfectly and was awarded with a PB and WC gold
    why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by t_monk View Post
    Good qualification for Harrison. There is something weird in her technique. She seemed to be all out though.
    Agreed. She does not seem to be bringing her lead leg down as fast as she has in the past. Kind of sailing over a bit.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    I figured out they only did the light show for the last sprint final on the track each night and then for the final 2 days all the relays. It just so happens that many of the last events have been male sprints.
    In another thread someone pointed out that they are unable to shut the lights down in the stadium if one of the field events is competing (the flaming hammer, I believe).

4. Collapse Details

did you all notice, they showed all 8 finalists from the crotch cameras in the replay!!!!!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by uakari View Post
    did you all notice, they showed all 8 finalists from the crotch cameras in the replay!!!!!
    I think you mean "crouch."

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
    In another thread someone pointed out that they are unable to shut the lights down in the stadium if one of the field events is competing (the flaming hammer, I believe).
    But I believe the field event competitions were stopped during the sprint introductions anyway.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    But I believe the field event competitions were stopped during the sprint introductions anyway.
    Fair enough. Having to watch from the cozy confines of my computer screen, I was working off of hearsay.

Those displays must have been stunning, in person. Anyone care to tell us about it?

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
    Those displays must have been stunning, in person. Anyone care to tell us about it?
    They were stunning in the stadium, especially at the beginning, when they were totally different from anything that I'd ever seen. Buy the end of the meet, the impact wasn't quite as great, but I thought it was still effective. I can't compare it to what you were watching on your computer since I haven't gone back and looked at the replays.