Facts, Not Fiction

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    That was the key to winning from the outside and she executed to perfection. McLaughlin has the superior speed but Muhammad's hurdling won it. McLaughlin needs to iron out those stutters before left leg leads.

And I dont want to hear about "loyalty" to open 400 runners - the four fastest belong on that 4x4, period.
    I agree with you on both of those points. These girls deserve to be in the 4x400.

Also Muhammad knew that McLaughlin had the better flat speed and new she just had to take it out and take it out hard if she wanted to win. And she went out hard, her stride pattern was perfect along the way and her technique really did help her out here.

2. Collapse Details

Muhammad pretty much duplicated her performance at USAís.

SM closed the gap to get to DMís level to make this competitive.

Praying for good health for them and everyone In Tokyo

3. Collapse Details

This is surely the women's POY so far, but there are three potential women's WRs tomorrow: Hassan in the 1500m, Williams in the 110h, and Rojas in the TJ, in order from least to most likely.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AFelixFan View Post
    I know she's had some losses this year, too, so not sure if her track record disqualifies her, but she's certainly in the conversation for POY!
    Right now, I'd say the only 2 people in the conversation are Dalilah Muhammad and Sifan Hassan (pending the 1,500 outcome). Naser didn't pop anything really big before this meet. Muhammad broke the WR in the rain, and Hassan broke the mile WR.

5. Collapse Details

D'oh! I forgot about those 2 (Rojas and Williams). Williams needs to break the WR or come thisclose to it to get in the conversation. Rojas might have to do so as well.
    Last edited by CookyMonzta; 10-04-2019 at 06:59 PM.

6. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    As with Des Moines, the atmosphere was primed for a special race. Though there was no rain to totally saturate the air, the temperature, and concurrent higher dewpoint, more than compensated. Also, the barometric pressure was well below 30inHg.

At race time -Temp 91, Humidity 71%, Dew Point 82(!!), Pressure - 29.61
    There are no strings on me

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CookyMonzta View Post
    None that I can think of. Expect low-49.x or even mid-48.x from the both of them. With McLaughlin and Muhammad in the final with Francis and Jonathas(sorry, I don't think the other 2 can cut it in this matter), they could conceivably--even if barely--knock off the Soviets' WR.
    Na.That is one of the world records that will never be broken.

8. Collapse Details

Brilliant run from.both, but the way Muhammed snapped her leg down, she was so snappy and had such superior technique, it made all the difference. The run to the line of the tenth was really exciting too, for a moment I thought Sydney was going to catch her

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
    Na.That is one of the world records that will never be broken.
    Yeah, I think for that world record to be broken by the US, you'd need present-day McLaughlin, and a time machine to get: Richards-Ross circa 2009, Felix circa 2015, and Torrence circa 1993.

10. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by AFelixFan View Post
    Yeah, I think for that world record to be broken by the US, you'd need present-day McLaughlin, and a time machine to get: Richards-Ross circa 2009, Felix circa 2015, and Torrence circa 1993.
    More than that, you'd need another team at that level to push them to their limit, as happened in 1988. It will never happen solo
    There are no strings on me