Facts, Not Fiction

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    More than that, you'd need another team at that level to push them to their limit, as happened in 1988. It will never happen solo
    The men never needed competition to set WR's. Why do you assume the women can't time trial as well as the men?

2. Collapse Details

Administrator
    it'd rate it as about as close to never as any

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    The men never needed competition to set WR's. Why do you assume the women can't time trial as well as the men?
    The US men tend to set 4x400 WRs by time trialling faster than previous US teams that had also been time trialling.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Her coach should win a BIG award.
    In 2013 he was named USATF Coach of the Year, but that was for his work with Brianna Rollins, Queen Harrison and Kristi Castlin. He may be due for another.

5. Collapse Details

I am thunderstruck by this. Talk about a perfect dual-peaking regimen. Her coach should win a BIG award. I would PAY to read his training log for her.
    Same here, I thought the time at nationals was produced in part as bi-product of being forced to drop the workload due to injury. While that could be part of the answer it's difficult to restore work capacity and still arrive at yet another peak with the correct volumes that permit that with just s two month gap.
    Last edited by cladthin; 10-04-2019 at 09:59 PM.

6. Collapse Details

BS, she just PRed by half a second.

She said herself in an interview that she lost momentum on the 8th hurdle using her left lead leg, and a stutter. But yeah. She ran an incredible race. It was an unbelievable performance....but not without some corrections to be made...if she wants to beat Muhammad in Tokyo...
    Last edited by _Jay; 10-04-2019 at 10:14 PM.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    in-stadium report for the event says temp 79, humidity 61%
    So the dew point is 64, which is not particularly high. But, again, the size of the effect is almost minuscule.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CookyMonzta View Post
    [Side bar: Crap. What a time for me to be at work (again, as I was during the w400), and not be able to watch it live. :-(]
    I was at work too and though I had to avoid this board for 4 hours in order watch it blind, it was well worth their wait. I often have to self-impose a blackout whenever I'm anticipating epic sports moments like this because it's not the same when you already know the results.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 10-04-2019 at 10:31 PM.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trickstat View Post
    The US men tend to set 4x400 WRs by time trialling faster than previous US teams that had also been time trialling.
    There's simply been no other way to run a WR than by time trialing in the m4x4. It's been ages since any team other than the US has come within a couple of second of the WR.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trickstat View Post
    If you're suggesting that records set by time trials are softer than records set with competition all the way to the finish? If so, David Rudisha, Genzebe Dibaba and Almaz Ayana are just a few of the athletes who would beg to differ. Remember, not only were the US men assured of clean exchanges but they never had to run extra meters.