Facts, Not Fiction

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

If you want to see what Pinto can do on the third leg, watch this video (ISTAF 2019/41.67s). She destroys the Chinese woman and the Chinese still ran a 42.3 in that race.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYHQMw1kZRA

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by norunner View Post
    But then Pinto set a 200m PB today, same for Kwayie, so they are in shape. Pinto simply has a mental block in big individual races. Lückenkemper has had a big problem with her start for years, but that's not a problem in the relay cause she runs the last leg.
    OTOH, the US 200 runners showed they are in shape. If they form the core of the relay, they could still be competitive.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    OTOH, the US 200 runners showed they are in shape. If they form the core of the relay, they could still be competitive.
    But are they allowed to? As i understand it, the four who ran the 100 have to be in the relay team of six you can enter. That would leave only two slots for 200m women. And the second question, were the 200m women involved in the relay practices?

4. Collapse Details

But are they allowed to? As i understand it, the four who ran the 100 have to be in the relay team of six you can enter. That would leave only two slots for 200m women. And the second question, were the 200m women involved in the relay practices?
    Anyone on Team USA can be used for the 4x1 relay: Hurdlers, I think we have those, 200 runners, LJers, 400 runners and discus thrower.

5. Collapse Details

The 4 runners entered in the corresponding event have to be part of the makeup of the relay pool. However, anyone entered in the meet can actually run in the relay.

6. Collapse Details

So Pinto apparently felt pain 120m into the 200m SF - hence her going backwards - and may not be able to run in the 4x1. If she doesn't, forget a medal for GER

7. Collapse Details

With Thompson out I think I favour UK for gold. I predict:

1. UK
    2. Jamaica
    3. USA
    4. Germany

8. Collapse Details

Even without Thompson, Jamaica had two other ladies who made the finals, one of them the world champion, who's a clear meter better than anyone else in Doha right now. Jamaica still has the firepower; the question is whether or not they'll have decent passes.

9. Collapse Details

Can DAS hold off SAFP with a running start?

10. Collapse Details

Administrator
    i wouldn't bet against DAS being able to run down SAFP with a running start