Facts, Not Fiction

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    USA will easily win w4x1 in Tokyo
    Against a Jamaican team with a healthy Elaine Thompson and a faster Briana Williams? Think again!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by t_monk View Post
    Todd is also there as well....
    As we were looking at The availability of our sprinters for the relay & who will potentially be available next Yr, it makes me wonder.

Did any of the former Oregon sprinters impress this Yr on the women’s side?

Arianna Washington, Deajah Stevens, Cunliffe, Todd, Prandini??

Everyone seems to be underachieving or not on the trajectory the once were on.

English Gardener, coming off a career threatening injury was most impressive by far considering what she overcame.
    Last edited by _Jay; 10-06-2019 at 02:36 AM.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    Against a Jamaican team with a healthy Elaine Thompson and a faster Briana Williams? Think again!
    My thoughts exactly. I do not think that the Americans can get a WR but the Jamaicans might well do so. I would be a bit surprised if, given all four healthy/running well, that they don't at least get the second 40.x mark.

4. Collapse Details

GB’s original line up was Neita - Lansiquot - Williams - DAS. Imani felt something in warm up so they subbed Asha P in and reverted to an order they’ve done more tunes in the past. I suspect they would have still struggled to beat the Jamaicans but I think they would have been a couple of tenths quicker with DAS trying to run down Jamaica

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DentyCracker View Post
    Seyni is Nigerien not Nigerian. She is from Niger not Nigeria.
    maybe we should start using the french demonym "nigerois" instead... less confusion. but harder to figure out it's pronounced nee-jeh-rwah...

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    except she's a nigeroise, not nigerois :-)

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by _Jay View Post
    As we were looking at The availability of our sprinters for the relay & who will potentially be available next Yr, it makes me wonder.

Did any of the former Oregon sprinters impress this Yr on the women’s side?

Arianna Washington, Deajah Stevens, Cunliffe, Todd, Prandini??

Everyone seems to be underachieving or not on the trajectory the once were on.

English Gardener, coming off a career threatening injury was most impressive by far considering what she overcame.
    Washington is retired I believe, Stevens, Cunliffe, and Prandini battled injuries. Prandini was actually running well till she got injured at Nationals. Todd competed in Doha in the LJ.

The next batch of newly pro sprinters seem to have had trouble transitioning (Henderson, Brisco, Hobbs, Thomas). Well actually Hobbs had surgery last fall I believe.

Hopefully they all rebound and the new batch of new pros transition better (Kaylah White, Sha'carri Richardson). And of course you still have Teahna Daniels who was a finalist.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    except she's a nigeroise, not nigerois :-)
    oui, c'est vrai...

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    Don't need to think again...joking

10. Collapse Details

I loved the press conference for the 4x100 where they were asked to describe their team members, it was great!