Facts, Not Fiction

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dinamo View Post
    what a moment for Jackson. Has she run many 100's as anchor on the relay?
    Watch the video linked in post #85.

2. Collapse Details

US over the watchmakers for bronze by 0.08, who'd have thought we'd see the day?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
    It wasn't Dina running anchor!
    I realised that when I saw the replay. Anyone know what the order going to be before they had the line up change and brought Asha back in?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    Watch the video linked in post #85.
    Wow, looks like she was put on fast forward and everyone else was regular speed.

5. Collapse Details

Nice work for the US women to get the Bronze medals. Handoffs were pedestrian, which is a liitle surprising because they used the same foursome, which I like, but didn't seem to extend into the zone much. Perhaps could have pressed GBR for silver, but were no match for JAM.

6. Collapse Details

I said this on the previous page man
    why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

7. Collapse Details

I was thinking WR after trials. After the Brianna positive I was thinking sub 41. After ET went down I was thinking Gold, Silver at worst. When I heard that Shericka was going to run, I knew it could only be anchor; no way they let her handle the baton twice. That would have been a clusterf*ck ala Bolt on the backstretch 2007. I knew they wanted someone on anchor with great top speed. Anyone who witnessed that race at the Gibson Relays knows SJ got mad top speed. My fear was that the handoff would be so badly botched that she would be too far behind. 100m PB is 11.13 not far short of Neita's 11.12. I had no doubt that we'd be ahead after 3 legs just the last baton change was a worry. All 4 girls are from MVP. Natalliah was drafted in as starter once Brianna's positive was known. SAFP is in sparkling form and was rested from the 200m for this. No way DAS was going to outrun her down that backstretch. Natalliah has a faster PB than Smith who is no slouch, having made the 100m final. Yes I know Natalliah is still at FAU. Henry Rolle formerly at Auburn is there as an unpaid assistant. He coaches Smith, Allen and Bloomfield all formerly of Auburn.
    Last edited by DentyCracker; 10-05-2019 at 10:09 PM.
    why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

8. Collapse Details

Shericka Jackson had a great anchor run last year in the World Cup too. After a dreadful exchange, she almost ran down the Brits. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTy9r2cvzjA . She was a great choice to replace ET.

9. Collapse Details

Excellent run for USA, considering we were running with half of our B team. Congrats to Jamaica and GB. If the Brits can strengthen their foursome next year, Tokyo 2020 might be a barn burner for the w4x100.

10. Collapse Details

USA will easily win w4x1 in Tokyo