Facts, Not Fiction

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by _Jay View Post
    If this is the case I’d be worried. That means Ellis or Beard will be running instead.
    Why, the quoted rules seem to say that four changes are allowed.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    In a post race interview, Felix said she doesn't think she will be running the final.
    If you are referring to the NBC interview by Johnson a few minutes after the race, then she didn’t say that. She just would not confirm one way or the other if she is running. I got the impression that the coaches hadn’t made a decision on it yet at that point.

3. Collapse Details

I seriously doubt Beard will run the final. She looks cooked.

4. Collapse Details

I haven't read today's posts in full but I don't think we see either hurdler in the final. If either hurdler runs in the final that leaves either Francis or Jonathas off the relay which makes no sense.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by asindc View Post
    If you are referring to the NBC interview by Johnson a few minutes after the race, then she didn’t say that. She just would not confirm one way or the other if she is running. I got the impression that the coaches hadn’t made a decision on it yet at that point.
    I'm referring to an interview in the mix zone from flotrack.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    I'm referring to an interview in the mix zone from flotrack.
    A. Felix is one of the most humble, un-assuming persons ever. She would not even hint that she would be running in the final and would never come close to stepping on the toes of the coaches. Hopefully, Jonathas, Felix, Okolo, Francis. Beard and/or Ellis would be a disaster...neither would break 52s. based on how they ran today.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    I haven't read today's posts in full but I don't think we see either hurdler in the final. If either hurdler runs in the final that leaves either Francis or Jonathas off the relay which makes no sense.
    Not at all. Sydney would toast Francis or Jonathas.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by spikes007 View Post
    Not at all. Sydney would toast Francis or Jonathas.
    Beat? Maybe. Toast? No.

Currently the other two have faster PRs and just set them. There's no reason to take either off the relay.

We all love Syd the kid and want to see her run the 4x4 but it's a pretty tough sell to the two 400m runners who've now run faster than Syd and just performed very well to take them off the relay to pick up, maybe a few tenths.

9. Collapse Details

From the IAAF rule amendment I quoted in post 89, I believe you can sub out all four runners.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    From the IAAF rule amendment I quoted in post 89, I believe you can sub out all four runners.
    Apologies, I was referencing the book guru previously posted, but just looked at the amendment you posted. That ends the discussion.

Anything other than the Jonathas, Francis, McLaughlin, Muhammad arguably makes no sense for the best possible result.