Facts, Not Fiction

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    The 2019 IAAF rulebook says no. Limit is two.
    If this is the case, I'd go with...

Jonathas, Okolo, Felix, McLaughlin

Unfortunately, Muhammad doesn't have the flat speed to beat out Jonathas or Sydney.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    The 2019 IAAF rulebook says no. Limit is two.
    Crap. >:-P I thought there was the possibility of a new lineup...

...But then again, they can't have one set of rules for one relay event (the co-ed relay), and another set of rules for a different event. If they're going to allow a completely new lineup for one final, they must allow that for another, or amend the rules to make it apply to ALL relays before Tokyo 2020.
    Last edited by CookyMonzta; 10-05-2019 at 08:33 PM.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CookyMonzta View Post
    Crap. >:-P I thought there was the possibility of a new lineup...

...But then again, they can't have one set of rules for one relay event (the co-ed relay) and another set of rules for a different event.
    Why not? It's a different event. Different events don't need to have the same rules. Otherwise starting blocks and specified lanes would be used for all events (or none).

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    Why not? It's a different event. Different events don't need to have the same rules. Otherwise starting blocks and specified lanes would be used for all events (or none).
    Relays are relays. There needs to be one standard for membership on a relay, concerning heats and finals, and how many can be replaced in any relay.

5. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by CookyMonzta View Post
    Relays are relays. There needs to be one standard for membership on a relay, concerning heats and finals, and how many can be replaced in any relay.
    As I said earlier, if you look at it by gender they are the same - two men and two women can be swapped out from every relay on the program.
    There are no strings on me

6. Collapse Details

In a post race interview, Felix said she doesn't think she will be running the final.

7. Collapse Details

The best lineup is the 2 finalist in the 400hurdles & 400m. Definitely the lineup I want to see.

But I Can’t help but wonder how much the schedule & substituting rules came into play in this more than anything else.

SM & DM can’t be asked to run both prelims AND Finals of the 4x4, giving them no rest following the 400hurdles final. So logically we assume they’ll get the two alternate spots.

But for that to be possible, Francis & Jonathas would have to run both rounds. They would’ve had one day in between, but maybe they felt they deserved the rest just as much. Idk.

Maybe that was more of the reason, than the coaches simply choosing to rather have Felix and Okolo. Just a thought

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by _Jay View Post

SM & DM can’t be asked to run both prelims AND Finals of the 4x4, giving them no rest following the 400hurdles final. So logically we assume they’ll get the two alternate spots.

But for that to be possible, Francis & Jonathas would have to run both rounds.
    Did you read the preceding posts in this thread?
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    In a post race interview, Felix said she doesn't think she will be running the final.
    If this is the case I’d be worried. That means Ellis or Beard will be running instead.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by _Jay View Post
    If this is the case I’d be worried. That means Ellis or Beard will be running instead.
    I suspect (hope!) it means the rules allow a full team change. She said when asked if she will run the final (paraphrasing): She doesn't think that she will because there is too much depth in the US right now. The two ladies in the hurdles and the 2 ladies who made the 400m final.

So either the rules are "wrong" and we will get our desired squad, or Felix doesn't know the rules and she will likely run the final.
    Last edited by ATK; 10-05-2019 at 11:52 PM.