Facts, Not Fiction

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    That would only exacerbate the problem. The US has plenty of depth and our wins would be even easier!
    How is limiting a nation's depth going to increase the chances of a deep nation to win more medals? That makes no sense. Under my system, Felix wouldn't be able to run on two 4x400 relays, she would have to pick one, while smaller nations, which lack the depth of the U.S., could put all their chips in the mixed relay basket. There's no way Naser could have gotten a 4x400 medal if the mixed relay didn't exist because Bahrain doesn't have 3 other women to run with her.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by _Jay View Post
    How soon before the race are lineups available??
    IIRC, the deadline for declaring is one hour before the race.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
    Adding to this...it seems like a "cheap" way to increase someone's medal count. It's getting to be like swimming where one individual can rack up tons of medals with these slightly different versions of the same event/sport.

Now some of this is a credit to Felix's range/longevity/talent, but it still seems like the mixed relay was just handing her another, almost guaranteed, Gold Medal.
    Yep that's Felix. Always looking for an easy way to add to her medal count! I am sure that when the IAAF came up with the mixed relay they had Felix in mind. Some of you all are pathetic!

4. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Well now we know - Francis, Mclaughlin, Muhammad, Jonathas

Thank God
    There are no strings on me

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    well now we know - francis, mclaughlin, muhammad, jonathas

thank god
    yes!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TF4Ever View Post
    Yep that's Felix. Always looking for an easy way to add to her medal count! I am sure that when the IAAF came up with the mixed relay they had Felix in mind. Some of you all are pathetic!
    that's ok...we know you haters just have to hate...can't help yourselves...how about giving all the other athletes who would never have a chance to compete on this stage a chance? Like Nasser's teammates who got bronze. Ask them if adding that relay did not mean something that you apparently do not understand.

7. Collapse Details

The right team choice. I thought Felix did ok in the x4x400 but nothing amazing that justified her bumping off someone else in the w4x4 final. Also, washer ehat actually 49.8, I've also 50.0? Either way, both good runs, but the selectors really have to put their faith into the w400 finalists & the w400mh medalists

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    Well now we know - Francis, Mclaughlin, Muhammad, Jonathas

Thank God
    OH? The IAAF is actually employing consistency with the rules across all relays?!

That's a relief! But McLaughlin needs to be the anchor! If you saw what she did at the 2016 New Balance Indoor National Scholastic, you'll know why. She's been doing that ever since.

NBC people need to keep their mouths shut! There's a possibility of a MR in this relay (3:16.87), and you need the best people who could do it; and given what Muhammad and McLaughlin did in the hurdles, I think they most certainly have the foot speed to help get it done. Allyson ain't there yet.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    How is limiting a nation's depth going to increase the chances of a deep nation to win more medals? That makes no sense. Under my system, Felix wouldn't be able to run on two 4x400 relays, she would have to pick one, while smaller nations, which lack the depth of the U.S., could put all their chips in the mixed relay basket. There's no way Naser could have gotten a 4x400 medal if the mixed relay didn't exist because Bahrain doesn't have 3 other women to run with her.
    Actually your suggestion makes it far far far worse. The Jamaican men who ran the mixed relay I believe are running the men's 4x400m. Same possible for Polish women. Your suggestion would mean they would have to pick one or the other. The US would benefit by far as they have strength in depth so would have enough different individuals to do the mixed and the gender relays

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CookyMonzta View Post
    OH? The IAAF is actually employing consistency with the rules across all relays?!

That's a relief! But McLaughlin needs to be the anchor! If you saw what she did at the 2016 New Balance Indoor National Scholastic, you'll know why. She's been doing that ever since.

NBC people need to keep their mouths shut! There's a possibility of a MR in this relay (3:16.87), and you need the best people who could do it; and given what Muhammad and McLaughlin did in the hurdles, I think they most certainly have the foot speed to help get it done. Allyson ain't there yet.
    Agree with McLaughlin as the anchor
    Disagree with MR chance. Hoping for a 318 and change