Facts, Not Fiction

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
  1. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    one thing the Doha result did was confirm how far away the WR is: that pretty good foursome would have had to average 0.94 faster per leg to break it.

Breaking it down by individual split it's doable talent-wise - IF Felix can find her form next year. But as I've said before it would be very difficult without that USSR carrot to chase for the last three legs

88 splits(with 2020 counterpart)

Hill 49.8 (Francis)
    Dixon 49.2 (Jonathas?)
    Brisco 48.4 (Felix)
    Griffith-Joyner 48.1 (McLaughlin)

Edited to add - I'm talking about the AR. The WR splits were 50.1, 47.8, 49.5, 47.8. Dixon must have nightmares about Nazarova lol
    Last edited by guru; 10-12-2019 at 11:52 PM.
    There are no strings on me

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    IF Felix can find her form next year.

Hill 49.8 (Francis)
    Dixon 49.2 (Jonathas?)
    Brisco 48.4 (Felix)
    I appreciate you caveated it with 'IF' re Felix, but realistically, is she going to pull out a 48.4 relay leg next season at her age?

In the 8 major championships 4x4's she has run from 2007, she has run 48.4 or faster in only 3 of them: in Osaka she ran 48.01; in London ('12) she ran 48.2, and then in Beijing ('15) she ran that amazing 47.72. So come Tokyo the most recent Champs where she ran faster will have been 5 years before.
    In this Olympic cycle i.e. 2016 to 2020, she has run 49.66 (2016) 48.7 (2017) and 49.8 (2019).
    If she makes the team for Tokyo, I was hazard a guess she runs another fast leg, but not as fast as 48.4.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    Breaking it down by individual split it's doable talent-wise - IF Felix can find her form next year. But as I've said before it would be very difficult without that USSR carrot to chase for the last three legs

Hill 49.8 (Francis)
    Dixon 49.2 (Jonathas?)
    Brisco 48.4 (Felix)
    I agree that having someone to chase is helpful to running fast times but not necessary as the men have proven on many occasions. I like the idea of McLaughlin on anchor because no American woman has more recent experience running fast times all alone than her. There was a 3-month stretch at the beginning of last year in which she seemed to PR every week, mostly alone.

4. Collapse Details

She also did a find job of chasing Muhammad in the 400H final in Doha.