Facts, Not Fiction

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. Collapse Details

Her coach said, Mihambo's second attempt was good, but during the last few steps she focused too much on hitting a big jump. The third attempt was more of a "safety jump", more focused on not fouling.

2. Collapse Details

I don't have any stats but it is uncanny how many "monster" jumps are from behind the board... or fouls.

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    because when it comes to guessing, people are eternal optimistics and logic goes out the door

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    because when it comes to guessing, people are eternal optimistics and logic goes out the door
    Indeed. In the absence of actual data, everything changes.
    Did I mention I was a 4:30 Miler in HS? Well, I never actually ran a mile, but my 180H time was KILLER, so I'm sure I could have.
    [total lie, esp., considering I never would have ever run that far.]

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    I don't have any stats but it is uncanny how many "monster" jumps are from behind the board... or fouls.
    Of course, with all the new technology we know exactly how many of those from behind the board were actually monster jumps. Mihambo's last jump, measured at 7.16, was 19cm off the board. Would have been another 7.30+ had she hit the board.

6. Collapse Details

But of course it's easier to hit a huge jump when you're not paying as much attention to hitting the board right. Not that I'm criticizing Mihambo in any way; 7.30 is huge, and with her unbeaten season full of great marks, she should be at least top 5 in the AOY voting. Quite possibly top 3.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

7. Collapse Details

It would be great if Mihambo ever broke the WR. It's been too long residing where it does.