Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Administrator
    I'm no physicist/meterologist/whatever kind of geek, but I wonder if this venue provided unique wind conditions, given that the moving air was not caused by "the planet" which produces wide swaths of air movement, but was rather caused by "focused" AC units.

And the AC, iti appears, is basically perpendicular to the runways, so there could be (could their not?) relatively strong crosswinds that would only register as minor vector readings officially.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    I'm no physicist/meterologist/whatever kind of geek, but I wonder if this venue provided unique wind conditions, given that the moving air was not caused by "the planet" which produces wide swaths of air movement, but was rather caused by "focused" AC units.

And the AC, iti appears, is basically perpendicular to the runways, so there could be (could their not?) relatively strong crosswinds that would only register as minor vector readings officially.
    I would not be surprised if there was variation across the runway for a single jump, a situation not generally seen outdoors.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post

Garry, the first day of the Championships on the television they had Louis Johnson I think pointing out the big holes everywhere that where the AC vents. And he did say that the ones that are at track level would be turned off during the events so as not to affect the wind readings. Who knows whether that's true or not but that was what they said.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tvarish View Post
    Garry, the first day of the Championships on the television they had Louis Johnson I think pointing out the big holes everywhere that where the AC vents. And he did say that the ones that are at track level would be turned off during the events so as not to affect the wind readings. Who knows whether that's true or not but that was what they said.
    I've heard the same thing from other good sources.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    I didn't hear what Lewis said, but somebody posted earlier that the AC was turned off for TRACK events, noi?

6. Collapse Details

Rojas out to 15.37m in round 2

7. Collapse Details

That gold medal is absolutely out of reach now. Rojas will not be beaten today.

8. Collapse Details

So many near-WR today...or yet to come...what a show!
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

9. Collapse Details

Rojas with a clear foul over the WR, but she is going for it!

10. Collapse Details

Administrator
    I guess I can now drag myself away from the shot and pay some attention here!