Facts, Not Fiction

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke View Post
    If you search "costas goulas twitter" you should find his page and the throw.

thanks, but he's quite a prolific twitterer, and i can't find it...

was it clearly a foul?

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke View Post
    unfortunately the likes of Carter, Gong, Schwanitz and Adams are in the latter part of their career and the fact they don't spin doesn't help the measures.
    Yeah, it looks like in the future wSP is going to be dominated by spinners the way it already is on the men's side. OTOH, none of the current spinners have yet matched the best distances reached by Adams, Gong, Schwanitz et al.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by uakari View Post
    thanks, but he's quite a prolific twitterer, and i can't find it...

was it clearly a foul?
    Prolific? I'd say. When does he eat or sleep?
    I scrolled down far enough to find a retweet. The original is at
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ShaunDPickering
    I would say this bit of video is inconclusive, since it cuts away too early to the shot in the air.

4. Collapse Details

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Yeah, it looks like in the future wSP is going to be dominated by spinners the way it already is on the men's side. OTOH, none of the current spinners have yet matched the best distances reached by Adams, Gong, Schwanitz et al.
    I vaguely recall somebody saying a few years ago that they thought there would always be fewer spinners on the women's side because it was easier to get the lighter women's shot moving with the shift than the men's one. This was at a time when there were very few women spinners.

More recently I have heard it said that when spinning with the smaller shot there can sometimes be a problem where it almost 'slips' out of the hand as the thrower has missed the centre of gravity on release.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trickstat View Post
    I vaguely recall somebody saying a few years ago that they thought there would always be fewer spinners on the women's side because it was easier to get the lighter women's shot moving with the shift than the men's one. This was at a time when there were very few women spinners.

More recently I have heard it said that when spinning with the smaller shot there can sometimes be a problem where it almost 'slips' out of the hand as the thrower has missed the centre of gravity on release.
    interesting, i've always wondered why it seemed like nearly all women use the glide and nearly all men are spinners.