Facts, Not Fiction

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wiederganger View Post
    Slightly stroppy behaviour from Thiam, unnecessary fouling her first throw. KJT and the competition has got to her, as well as being unable to deliver what she can.
    Sad to see her retire from the JT early but shes thinking longterm. I hope she races and competes properly in the 800, not jog round last innoutaise 2:20

KJT has been brilliant here. Shes at PBs and SBs and held her head together. I'm really impressed. Shes heading for a score greater than any of Thiam's gold winning performances, which is significant
    Aside from her 7000 points haul in Gotzis and maybe to an extent Rio (although that's seemed more like she just ran the last 250m after keeping Ennis on a string) Thiam has never really ran an 800m because she's never really had to in a championship she's always had the buffer of being ahead with seconds in hand.

2. Collapse Details

5 women in the 5500's after the javelin have a shot at the bronze medal. Whoever gets it will have to run well under 2:10.

3. Collapse Details

Likely to be Preiner who gets the bronze she has the best pb of those fighting for it and already has a little lead on them in the points.. Bougard may move up to 4th though as she has the second best 800 of that bunch fighting for bronze by a good margin.

Lower down the order, its not been the best second day for Kunz. started really well with her performance yesterday, I thought she could be on for a overall pb but a below par LJ and a bad Javelin really did for her hopes unless something astonishing happens in the 800.
    Last edited by dinamo; 10-03-2019 at 08:30 PM.

4. Collapse Details

Nafi seems to have more strapping on her elbow for the 800 than she had in either throw.

5. Collapse Details

Kjt 2:07.26 6981!

6. Collapse Details

Wow, soooooo close to 7000, what a brilliant performance, she has finally arrived!

7. Collapse Details

Ans highest champs winning score since 2007!

8. Collapse Details

Fantastic from KJT. I've found myself sticking up for her for years against some fans who I've thought were unnecessarily hard on her (often fellow Brits) So pleased to see her get it right and make this statement.

A shame that Thiam wasn't at her best but even if a 100% fit Thiam would have struggled to beat KJT here.

9. Collapse Details

So happy for KJT finally being able to put it together. I think last year winning some titles and then coming second to Nafi in the Euro's really boosted her and helped solidify for her she could put it together and now with that confidence she's really taken the next step and begun to truly deliver on all her promise. Easily could see her beyond 7000.

Can't wait for Tokyo. KJT will want to go on and win the Olympics now she's World Champions and also slay the memories of Rio. Nafi will want to reassert herself and defend her title. Could be a barnstormer of a competition.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wiederganger View Post
    Ans highest champs winning score since 2007!
    Did look like she got 30-40 extra points in the SP though. Irrelevant as far as this comp goes, but that would put her below Ennis-Hill.