Facts, Not Fiction

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

First real underperformance from Kunz in the LJ, couldn't get over 6m. Neither of the last two events are strengths for her but her first day was good she wont be far from getting an overall pb should she go 40m in the javelin and then 2 minutes 20 in the 800.
    Last edited by dinamo; 10-03-2019 at 05:02 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HopStepJump View Post
    So, the medals in the heptathlon are pretty much decided after just one event on day 2. Heptathlon really sucks compared to decathlon.
    I disagree. The difference in their Javelin PRs is worth over 300 points, so if they reach those performances, Thiam will be 100 points ahead, which KJT could just about claw back based on their 800 PRs. I call this a nail-biter! Of course there are the questions about Thiam's elbow ... KJT is definitely a narrow favorite at this point.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by berkeley View Post
    I disagree. The difference in their Javelin PRs is worth over 300 points, so if they reach those performances, Thiam will be 100 points ahead, which KJT could just about claw back based on their 800 PRs. I call this a nail-biter! Of course there are the questions about Thiam's elbow ... KJT is definitely a narrow favorite at this point.
    Thiam's season best is 12 meters down on her PB. It could happen, I guess, but I think your nails are safe.

4. Collapse Details

KJTs adrenaline levels must be fizzing. I think she is likely to PB the javelin and hold on to win. Will she get over 7,000?

5. Collapse Details

Preiner looks like she has her elbow strapped whereas Thiam looks like she doesn't or maybe I'm seeing things.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tuariki View Post
    KJTs adrenaline levels must be fizzing. I think she is likely to PB the javelin and hold on to win. Will she get over 7,000?
    Equalling her PBs would get 6947 apparently.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trickstat View Post
    Equalling her PBs would get 6947 apparently.
    British record is 6,955 so if she could sneak a bit somewhere she could get it.

8. Collapse Details

Thiam just looks out of sorts. Whether its just the disrupted season with her various injury issues, or if its KJT's great start which put pressure on her and then she tightened up. Although there was pressure in Berlin and she sorted it out.

Thiam just doesn't look quite like her usual self, can't quite seem to get it going even in her best event the HJ she looks out of sorts and at that point I don't think it was pressure as it was only event 2. Although perhaps she wanted a big HJ to help her have a better points buffer to counteract her possibly depleted javelin score.

Interesting that the same thing is happening in the Hept and Dec although to different degrees. The favourite isn't winning it, I'm sure it'll give them both massive fire in the belly for Tokyo though.

9. Collapse Details

Good throw from KJT 43.93. PB!

10. Collapse Details

Great throw! KJT's really responding to the opportunity. Now projects to 6970 with 2:08.3 800.