Facts, Not Fiction

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
    This is the 2nd fastest WC 100 final off the top of my mind.

2009 - 9.58
    2019 - 9.76
    2013 - 9.78
    2015 - 9.79
    1999 - 9.80

If I'm missing one let me know.
    Bolt 2013 was 9.77 (and into a headwind).

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AFelixFan View Post

Gatlin is an astute competitor. He knows when to fire the bullets from his gun, and came away with as good a result as he could have expected.
    In 2015 at Beijing, he got it all wrong. He looked like the favorite over Bolt based on the season's results but was too hyped up for the prelims that didn't matter. Blasted his heat and semi in 9.83/9.77 while Bolt was conserving with 9.96/9.96.

In the final, it was Bolt 9.79 to Gatlin's 9.80, with Gatlin not getting his best start and losing his stride the last 10 meters.

He learned, credit him that.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by player View Post
    In 2015 at Beijing, he got it all wrong. He looked like the favorite over Bolt based on the season's results but was too hyped up for the prelims that didn't matter. Blasted his heat and semi in 9.83/9.77 while Bolt was conserving with 9.96/9.96.

In the final, it was Bolt 9.79 to Gatlin's 9.80, with Gatlin not getting his best start and losing his stride the last 10 meters.

He learned, credit him that.
    He is technically better over the last 30 than he was before. He is better on his toes and keeps the rock and rolling to a minimum. He can run even faster.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    He is technically better over the last 30 than he was before. He is better on his toes and keeps the rock and rolling to a minimum. He can run even faster.
    As far as I can tell, he is the best technician in the event, perhaps EVER.
    The first time I saw him discussing his foot-drag technique out of the blocks and how each phase was distinctly different for him, I was super-impressed.
    I have used him as a technical model for my athletes for several years.

I can start a thread about different events' best technical models after the WCs.
    Last edited by Atticus; 09-29-2019 at 04:11 PM.

5. Collapse Details

Wrong thread and I'm sure there is a thread on this or some portion of this but where is Gatlin in all-time 100 list? His longevity runs past his marks but at some point we have to marvel at a man his age running so fast for so long.

6. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    I can't remember if this was posted before...but fascinating article on the affect Ralph Mann had working with Gatlin.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/adv...-rio-olympics/

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    Wrong thread and I'm sure there is a thread on this or some portion of this but where is Gatlin in all-time 100 list? His longevity runs past his marks but at some point we have to marvel at a man his age running so fast for so long.
    Kim Collins 9.93 at age 40!

8. Collapse Details

Yohan Blake just said on NBC that his lane draw in the final messed him up. Said he should've been in the middle.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
    Yohan Blake just said on NBC that his lane draw in the final messed him up. Said he should've been in the middle.
    Strange excuse

10. Collapse Details

Thanks Conor for that link just up there about Ralph Mann's work w Gatlin's mechanics. Probably everyone else here knows about this stuff, but I don't actually follow this event all that closely.