Facts, Not Fiction

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Well, I expected 19.7x so I wasn't too far off. It may have been a tenth faster were he in an outside lane, but he's not in his best shape now. I'm happy it was still good enough to get him gold, though.

My heart goes out to Guliyev! To lose your mom and come out on compete takes tremendous strength.

Also sad to see Gemili so gutted by his performance. I think this race was the perfect opportunity to get a bronze medal, but maybe blasting the first two rounds took their toll on his legs.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by _Jay View Post
    If the schedule allows in Tokyo, there is potential for a US sweep. ��
    Lyles, Norman and Coleman?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    Lyles, Norman and Coleman?
    De Grasse will have something to say about that... He ran the 100 as well as this race where as Coleman was reportedly too sore to contest. Lyles didn't bother trying the 100 which would have left him with less in the tank as well.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by _Jay View Post
    If the schedule allows in Tokyo, there is potential for a US sweep. ��
    No, De Grasse will break that up!

Edit: Agree with lexvid!

5. Collapse Details

Im almost certain Norman noted that he is only doing the 400m in Doha and Tokyo and after that will look into potential doubles.

6. Collapse Details

It seems that the track is pretty quick but not lightening fast. Yes, we had 9.76/10.71 but the 400h marks have been less than expected by many, the w800 was not fast, the quite quick but nothing astounding after Brazier just had just missed the AR, and he had a good rabbit here. the 400s are not blazing (remember those heats in 43...).

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lexvid View Post
    De Grasse will have something to say about that... He ran the 100 as well as this race where as Coleman was reportedly too sore to contest. Lyles didn't bother trying the 100 which would have left him with less in the tank as well.
    Lyles (as many others in this meet) was WISE enough to know the searing desert heat in Doha make doubles even tougher than usual. In Tokyo that will not even be as issue.

8. Collapse Details

and where will van niekerk figure next year?

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by uakari View Post
    and where will van niekerk figure next year?
    After being out with injury for so long I would expect him to go in just his premier 400 event next year. He may run some 200s but an Olympic double in 200/400 would be VERY surprising and phenomenal.

10. Collapse Details

So for all Lyles' self-hype, Coleman's performance was much more impressive than his.

The question is how much better can he get? He's with one of the best coaches in the world and has been there for four years now. And he's 22, the age Bolt was when he broke the world record. I think we should accept the possibility that Lyles won't be the sub-19.35 sprinter many think he would be.