Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 183
  1. Collapse Details
    ¶2019 mWC 200: Noah Lyles (US) 19.83
    #1
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,755
    T&FN formchart

    1. Noah Lyles (USA)
    2. Christian Coleman (USA)
    3. Andre De Grasse (Canada)
    4. Ramil Guliyev (Turkey)
    5. Alex Quiñónes (Ecuador)
    6. Zhenye Xie (China)
    7. Adam Gemili (Great Britain)
    8. Aaron Brown (Canada)
    9. Kenny Bednarek (USA)
    10. Divine Oduduru (Nigeria)
    Last edited by gh; 10-01-2019 at 07:57 PM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    on task
    Posts
    11,959
    My big ? here is CC. I can't believe his 'problem' won't affect him here.
    I could be so wrong, but I think he's out of the medals.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Posts
    6,992
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    2. Christian Coleman (USA)
    3. Andre De Grasse (Canada)
    when was the last time 2 guys this short (5-9) medaled at 200m.
    I can recall the legendary Walter Dix and I can recall Yohan Blake.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    My big ? here is CC. I can't believe his 'problem' won't affect him here.
    I could be so wrong, but I think he's out of the medals.
    I dont think his time off will affect him. I think he cleanly gets the 100m, but I cant see him beating DeGrasse and Guliyev here who are overall just better 200m runners. IMO
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,755
    Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    when was the last time 2 guys this short (5-9) medaled at 200m.
    I can recall the legendary Walter Dix and I can recall Yohan Blake.
    say what?

    De Grasse is 5-10¾

    Blake is 5-11¼
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Guliyev will be tough to get by for the silver medal.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Lyles is talking WR. That's a pretty big step from 19.50. I give him 50/50 odds of just PR'ing. But I do wish him well. I do love to watch him run. His form looks textbook.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    23,450
    Good conditions for sprinting, only three races, and the first one almost isn't a race for him, while the Semi should be a warmup. He did do a pretty good DL double.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Good conditions for sprinting, only three races, and the first one almost isn't a race for him, while the Semi should be a warmup. He did do a pretty good DL double.
    I concur ... I'm thinking 19.2 or 19.3
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    The Bahamas
    Posts
    1,087
    Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    I dont think his time off will affect him. I think he cleanly gets the 100m, but I cant see him beating DeGrasse and Guliyev here who are overall just better 200m runners. IMO
    Agreed. De Grasse and Guliyev are more complete 200m runners. Coleman is more of a 100m star, who blasts the first 100 and hangs on.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •