Facts, Not Fiction

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    You just might be super-surprised.
    I've been saying for the longest while, no USA 1-2
    Well of course when compared to every other possible outcome, a us-12 is not likely or over 50%. But it's also more likely than any other possible combination. When you have two guys that are the fastest in the world that's going to be the most likely possible result. Saying they won't do it is not stepping out on much of a thin limb though. Now if you wanted to pick the exact order that would be a different story

2. Collapse Details

Kerley or Norman? The answer might be Gardiner.

I expect 43.5 to win this race.

3. Collapse Details

Strother looked awful. Please keep him AWAY from the relay! Norwood should only do the relay semi heat. Cherry and London are in much better form not to mention Benjamin!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    James looked better than Kerley today.
    James is a rangy loper so I think it is easier for him to look good than Kerley who has a pretty unusual running action. Having seen a replay of Kerley's heat he looked to have plenty in hand.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trickstat View Post
    James is a rangy loper so I think it is easier for him to look good than Kerley who has a pretty unusual running action. Having seen a replay of Kerley's heat he looked to have plenty in hand.
    Of course I'm not saying Kerley was all out, far from it. But James took it even easier and ran faster.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tm71 View Post
    Strother looked awful. Please keep him AWAY from the relay! Norwood should only do the relay semi heat. Cherry and London are in much better form not to mention Benjamin!
    Would be surprised if Benjamin would run the relay due to his heel issue.

7. Collapse Details

where is Jonathan Jones the Barbados athlete from the infamous Monaco race?, injured or just decided to focus on Tokyo next year?

he has run 44.6 this year and is only 20

8. Collapse Details

All the major names looked good. Looking forward to the semis.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tvarish View Post
    Well of course when compared to every other possible outcome, a us-12 is not likely or over 50%. But it's also more likely than any other possible combination. When you have two guys that are the fastest in the world that's going to be the most likely possible result. Saying they won't do it is not stepping out on much of a thin limb though. Now if you wanted to pick the exact order that would be a different story
    Most of the posts here have a combination of Norman/Kerley for 1-2. I have said repeatedly, it wont happen. You can discuss the laws of probability all you want, i am not into that. I have also said 4 under 44.00. Yes, I know who i expect to win and since you wish to hear more than my saying it wont be a USA 1-2 i will say USA will not win!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Most of the posts here have a combination of Norman/Kerley for 1-2. I have said repeatedly, it wont happen. You can discuss the laws of probability all you want, i am not into that. I have also said 4 under 44.00. Yes, I know who i expect to win and since you wish to hear more than my saying it wont be a USA 1-2 i will say USA will not win!
    been wondering when the anti-USA posts would start!