Facts, Not Fiction

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    One thing could be better: breaking for the pole after the first curve for true head-to-head racing! (one of my longtime fantasies)
    That would yield slower times because people would go out too fast plus don’t forget all the contact

2. Collapse Details

Forget the track and cut-ins or all that. Take it to the road.

https://youtu.be/R5D7UwF1LnY

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by tm71 View Post
    That would yield slower times because people would go out too fast plus don’t forget all the contact
    I'm the kind of fan who, while loving to see fast times on all-time lists, when it comes to watching races I want head-to-head excitement, not time trials. women's 1500 today, for example, was pretty much a bust to me, much as I'm in awe of Hassan's talent.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 58Commander View Post
    I know its early but.....Tokyo mens 400. Van Niekerk, Gardiner, Kirani, Norman, Kerley all in. I've given up on predictions because this event is too hyper competitive to give anyone that honor. Years ago, it was Wariner dominating, then Merritt beat him. Then Kirani shows up and just when I thought that Warinner/Merrit/Kirani would be a phenomenal matchup for the next few years, Van Niekerk appeasr on the scene and blows them all away. Then he goes AWOL and Norman looks unbeatable until Kerley says not so fast and just when it looked like those two were the future of the 400, Steven Gardiner quietly shows up and runs away from them all. I love this event. Nothing better than this.
    If all are at their best the WR may not survive such a meeting. Race tactics and lane draw will take center stage as it did with Naser and SMU.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
    Sounds like it would be mayhem and terribly dangerous.
    Sounds like an X-Games event! They get a lot of time on ESPN.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DentyCracker View Post
    I wasn't expecting more from Akeem Bloomfield today and he is one of my favourite athletes. I know he wasn't in three round shape. There are other factors why he and Allen have not run well since leaving Auburn. These will hopefully be corrected for Tokyo
    I think the better collegians who had WC intentions knew they would miss a lot of the fall semester. With the physical demands of a late WC's, and the upcoming Olympic year, they saw it as a good time to leave the college ranks.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
    I think the better collegians who had WC intentions knew they would miss a lot of the fall semester. With the physical demands of a late WC's, and the upcoming Olympic year, they saw it as a good time to leave the college ranks.
    Either that or take online courses. There was a photo on Instagram of Wadeline Jonathas taking an accounting exam online the evening of the 4x4.

8. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Gardiner moved into the all-time top 10, in the process knocking Kirani James out of it.

9. Collapse Details

I still believe that a healthy Norman would have handed Gardiner his ass.

10. Collapse Details

Administrator
    i think Norman would have won in a nailbiter