Facts, Not Fiction

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CookyMonzta View Post
    Cedenio is wheeled off. :-(

I was looking forward to seeing FIVE guys under 44.00 in the final. ;-(
    Im just watching the NBC replay stream now and they showed this.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    Im just watching the NBC replay stream now and they showed this.
    Eyewitnesses have reported that thankfully, Cedeno was seen walking at the warm-up track without a hint of a limp.

3. Collapse Details

I still think James could steal this race. He was just behind Gardiner in his semi and looking just as comfortable, if not more so.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

4. Collapse Details

Michael Norman will be back next year, Im sure. He had a great season that didn't end well but overall, I think he is just too talented to keep off the Tokyo Podium. With that said, I hope I don't see him run 43.45 in April of next year. It was just too fast too early. I know many people here will share stories of how others ran very fast early and I know it can be done, but those are the exceptions. To maintain that level of conditioning after that April race proved to be too much and he was injured on and off throughout the summer. I understand he is hyper competitive and impatient, but I cant help but believe that he simply peaked too early and in his quest to continue running at that level, he got injured. My Prediction: Norman learns from this and takes gold in Tokyo

5. Collapse Details

I'm only catching up so apologies if I am repeating what others have asked, but did we ever find out exactly what Norman's issue was? It was the most bizarre thing, made even more bizarre by his weird on track interview with the BBC after. He had a smirk on his face after he finished, and bounced up the stairs, then we heard about this warning of a non-descript thing, that didn't make any sense to me, other than he was either BSing or for some reason he had been instructed to reveal nada.
    Michael Johnson, Denise Lewis & Jess Ennis, all in the BBC studio, were like "nah, what he said doesn't make any sense; if you feel a warning that would stop you running, you would feel it in warm up and not start, and if you didn't, and you felt it in the race, you would either stop, or it would hit you and you would HAVE to stop". They all agreed. And I agree with them. This whole "something in my lower body" he apparently said in other interviews, did he not specify? I mean, was it this guys schlong or something? I really don't get it. And if he did specify something, the running round in the time he did still doesn't make any sense in my small brain. Does not finishing mean he would forfeit sponsorship money, bonuses, rankings, what?

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I see where you are coming from now, however, rest assured I am neither anti-American or disingenuous. I simply said there wont be a USA 1-2 . . . .
    I genuinely don't understand this "anti-USA" thing. You've said nothing about disliking anyone, or rooting against them. You just made your prediction that they wouldn't place as highly as others expected. Nothing "anti" about that.

7. Collapse Details

Mn for a 42.5-42.7 400m final nxt yr oly.

8. Collapse Details

He's not Garry. He's one of those!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cigar95 View Post
    I genuinely don't understand this "anti-USA" thing. You've said nothing about disliking anyone, or rooting against them. You just made your prediction that they wouldn't place as highly as others expected. Nothing "anti" about that.
    Thank you!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wiederganger View Post
    ...This whole "something in my lower body" he apparently said in other interviews, did he not specify? ...
    Well, there are a variety of lower body ailments that don't involve the legs specifically. Not sure why he was so cagey about it. Maybe ... a hernia? Maybe something involving the sacrum?