Facts, Not Fiction

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    Gardiner moved into the all-time top 10, in the process knocking Kirani James out of it.
    Gardiner, wow, what an athlete. Just watched the race, this is a guy that probably could have success at 3 other events if he had chosen. Very rare talent.

2. Collapse Details

He is so smooth with such long strides, he looks like he could be a great 800 runner as well.

3. Collapse Details

Would actually love to see a 19.75 200m guy run an 800m. Knowing that type of runner N O T___A___C H A N C E
    why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 58Commander View Post
    He is so smooth with such long strides, he looks like he could be a great 800 runner as well.
    I would LOVE to see Gardiner try his hand at the 800.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

5. Collapse Details

What is this obsession with fast 400 guys (see Wariner, Jeremy) trying the 800? I'd rather see them try to break 43 in the 400.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    What is this obsession with fast 400 guys (see Wariner, Jeremy) trying the 800? I'd rather see them try to break 43 in the 400.
    I think it's a certain looking 400 guy. Gardiner presents to me a Rudisha-like frame that just seems tailor-made for the 800. I never thought this of Michael Johnson, nor WVN. I know a certain look means nothing, but then again...Rudisha...
    Last edited by scottmitchell74; 10-14-2019 at 04:16 PM.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

7. Collapse Details

On one hand, I find it hilarious. The Wariner thing was clearly excessive, but to me it was because he always seemed to have gas down the final 100, which to the uninformed such as me, seemed to indicate he could have gas down the final 100 300 meters later, too.

But here's the deal. It's kind of crazy how micro-specialized people get in sprints. Could you imagine meeting a fast young kid and watch him beat all his friends from one tree to the next and think that "that one tree to tree" distance should be his specialty, and tree to tree AND BACK is right out of the question. No. If fast kid goes fast, I just want to see how fast he can go - between whatever two things. Rant. Done. For now.

8. Collapse Details

Good point. You sometimes see people claiming it would be fairly easy for a 43 second runner to run 1:39. If that was the case why are so few of the world's many 45 second guys running 1:43, 46 second guys running 1:45 etc etc?

9. Collapse Details

As noted elsewhere, each individual only has so much fuel, you can burn it early, burn it late or stretch it out...

10. Collapse Details

I'd rather see a 19.75 guy run the 200m more often-not at the expense, though, of running his normal schedule of 400m.