Facts, Not Fiction

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Flumpy View Post
    His BBC interview was really weird. Never said he was injured just talked all around it.

Very odd. There's something else going on that he really didn't want to talk about.
    His body language seemed strange after the end of the race. He wasn’t holding or favoring anything and walked over to Lewis without any problem. He had this smirk on his face and did seem very anxious talking to Lewis like yeah there is something wrong and I could have done very serious damage if I pushed it at all

2. Collapse Details

What the EF Norman

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gcheves View Post
    The truth from what vantage point?
    LJ - silver medal
    TJ - gold, silver medals
    100 - gold, silver medals
    200 - gold medal
    400h - silver medal
    PV - gold medal

Not too shabby, if you ask me

I agree. Only a delusional person could conclude that the us is under performing at this meet. I had my doubts going in given the late dates for this meet but I have been pleasantly surprised.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Flumpy View Post
    His BBC interview was really weird. Never said he was injured just talked all around it.

Very odd. There's something else going on that he really didn't want to talk about.
    His interview on the IAAF stream he said he has been injured since USA's and he felt it again in the race and made the decision to just jog it in and not make it worse.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by damiansport2 View Post
    I'm watching every minute of this meet. Im into this sports for ever so i know things. Americans are scoring a lot of medals. its freakin 300 milion people country so they should. But a lot of favourites are underperforming especially on track (Wilson, Norman, Carter, Ellis,)
    Carter has barely competed this year; Ellis not nearly top level 400m and was not expected to even be in finals; Norman will be discussed ad nauseum and you have been called out already (if you know athletics have you competed? could you be anywhere close to your best if you are sick or injured?) just give it a rest!

6. Collapse Details

Some of the highest-profile disappointments at this meet (Norman, Wilson) have been American, but certainly the US team as a whole has at the very least met expectations.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    His interview on the IAAF stream he said he has been injured since USA's and he felt it again in the race and made the decision to just jog it in and not make it worse.
    That makes some sense

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by damiansport2 View Post
    I wish they would. but more disappointments than succes so far.
    WTF are you talking about? What disappointments? Do you really think every American entered is a medal contender? Damian, you have shown yourself as one who is happy with other's misfortune like I said before. You obviously do not understand what it means to compete and respect others at the same time: Men's pole vault.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LopenUupunut View Post
    Some of the highest-profile disappointments at this meet (Norman, Wilson) have been American, but certainly the US team as a whole has at the very least met expectations.
    on the whole exceeded expectations if you were realistic going in

10. Collapse Details

Wonder how Damian would feel if a certain shot putter bombs and a bunch of others here were calling him a flop...only later to find out he was battling the stomach flu?