Facts, Not Fiction

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shank View Post
    Chelimo has been DQ'd more than once, most notably in the DL final in 2017, in which his foul, in my opinion, gave Farah the win over Edris.

Oddly, Chelimo was initailly DQ'd in Rio, but re-instated, while Edris was DQ'd and not reinstated.

Another DQ for stepping inside was Imane Merga in the 2011 5000, finished 3rd but DQ'd, finished 3rd in 10,000.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Chelimo was also DQ in world indoors for stepping on the inside lane. Farah was not DQ in 2017 for doing the same thing.

2. Collapse Details

You can point the words of the pertinent rule in whichever direction you like and no one can prove you wrong.

But if Ben True or Hassan Mead had done the same thing they would have been DQd as quickly and directly as Robby Andrews was at Rio.

No back and forth, no midnight meetings and releases to the world press. Just DQ.

That is a stone fact and a sad one for the sport.

3. Collapse Details

Jakob was boxed in pretty much the last two laps. He seemed to go into a bit of a panic mode and ultimately committed a foul that should have been upheld. He's a great runner, but not yet a vastly experienced runner. He bounced around like a ping pong ball those last few laps.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    I've been an avid track fan for over 60 years and I've never been aware of a distance runner who tried to pass an opponent by running inside the track.
    it happened to me once in a race when i was younger. obviously they were DQed

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bruce3404 View Post
    Jakob was boxed in pretty much the last two laps. He seemed to go into a bit of a panic mode and ultimately committed a foul that should have been upheld. He's a great runner, but not yet a vastly experienced runner. He bounced around like a ping pong ball those last few laps.
    this is pretty much how i see it. it's disappointing to see the rules ignored when someone gains a clear advantage.

also Andy Butchart who thought he didn't make the final then thought he did, then found out he didn't posted on instagram that he had gotten all kinds of nasty messages on social media....as if it's his fault ingebritsen can't figure out how to stay on the track

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by americantrackfan View Post
    also Andy Butchart who thought he didn't make the final then thought he did, then found out he didn't posted on instagram that he had gotten all kinds of nasty messages on social media....as if it's his fault ingebritsen can't figure out how to stay on the track
    Reprehensible, but unfortunately nothing new; there seem to always be fans who blame the protester. (Not that Butchart is personally responsible for the UK filing a protest... or that I could fault him for it if he were.)

I remember Britain and Brits getting plenty of flak here too for filing protests against athletes people liked.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LopenUupunut View Post
    Reprehensible, but unfortunately nothing new; there seem to always be fans who blame the protester. (Not that Butchart is personally responsible for the UK filing a protest... or that I could fault him for it if he were.)

I remember Britain and Brits getting plenty of flak here too after filing protests in the past.
    I may or may not have been responsible for some of that in the past....they do have a lengthy history of questionable protests. Although criticizing a federation on a public forum is much more reasonable than sending things on personal social media.

This protest shouldn't have even been necessary, the officials should have called it during the race then the Norwegians could have protested their decision.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    Chelimo was also DQ in world indoors for stepping on the inside lane. Farah was not DQ in 2017 for doing the same thing.
    He was DQ's along with "137" others. We would have had a bunch of DQs with that officiating crew.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LopenUupunut View Post

I remember Britain and Brits getting plenty of flak here too for filing protests against athletes people liked.
    UK Team had a tenancy to study every single relay race where they didn't qualify from every possible angle for any remote infringement so they could get into the finals. I think the criticism was justified. Thankfully their teams are good enough to get into the finals on ability so we don't see that nonsense anymore.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
    UK Team had a tenancy to study every single relay race where they didn't qualify from every possible angle for any remote infringement so they could get into the finals. I think the criticism was justified. Thankfully their teams are good enough to get into the finals on ability so we don't see that nonsense anymore.
    I'll never forgive them for Berlin and the men's 4x100 DQ