Facts, Not Fiction

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trickstat View Post
    There may have been 3 Dibabas at one champs as well.
    No, Ejegayehu's last championships was the 2008 Olympics whilst Genzebe's first was the 2009 WCh. They didn't crossover at World Cross or African Champs/Games either.

I think you're right about the Borlees though.
    Last edited by LuckySpikes; 09-30-2019 at 08:18 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bruce3404 View Post
    I'll never forgive them for Berlin and the men's 4x100 DQ
    you guys are upset cos your guys got DQed, do i understand correctly; the biggest whingers in athletics are not Europeans, wrong side of the ocean , matey.
    Noted Wimbley got away with a foot on the line for sure:roll:

3. Collapse Details

I take back what I said about only watching first and final two laps of 5000.. this one was worth the entire 13 minutes..
    Last edited by lonewolf; 09-30-2019 at 08:37 PM.

4. Collapse Details

we dont have the number of lawyers you guys employ in all global champs to prove you should' nt be DQed.
    Never forget in the OG some time back when the swimming judge dqed a famous USA back stroke swimmer for fouling his touch; he got away with his foul cos the paperwork was not filled in correctly or in the correct language, as i recall, so Fina allowed the uSA swimmer to avoid the guy disappearing from the race. You guys are such frigging hypocrites.

5. Collapse Details

Jakob caught Ahmed from behind several times, including almost tripping him up. If he had finished behind Jakob they should have asked for a DQ. As it was, it cost him something at a time when the Ethiopians were pushing to keep up and a bigger gap might have been important. Anyway, Go Wisconsin! (or, if you like, On, Wisconsin).

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Jakob caught Ahmed from behind several times, including almost tripping him up. If he had finished behind Jakob they should have asked for a DQ. As it was, it cost him something at a time when the Ethiopians were pushing to keep up and a bigger gap might have been important. Anyway, Go Wisconsin! (or, if you like, On, Wisconsin).
    Yes, the actions by Jakob almost cost him a medal and may have cost him gold. Of course, it's not the 1st or last time there will be contact/ tactics like this in a Championship race.

Ahmed has given Canada it's 1st ever medal in a 5,000 M race so it's a huge and historic moment!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by wibblesWOO View Post
    we dont have the number of lawyers you guys employ in all global champs to prove you should' nt be DQed.
    Never forget in the OG some time back when the swimming judge dqed a famous USA back stroke swimmer for fouling his touch; he got away with his foul cos the paperwork was not filled in correctly or in the correct language, as i recall, so Fina allowed the uSA swimmer to avoid the guy disappearing from the race. You guys are such frigging hypocrites.
    Tell that to Lance Larson
    Tell that to Rick DeMont
    Tell that to Bob Seagren
    Tell that to the 1972 USA basketball team
    Tell that to Roy Jones

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trickstat View Post
    It was Filip who stepped off the track with about 500m to go after being far more competitive.
    Thank you. I meant Filip, not Henrik, in my initial post. My bad.

9. Collapse Details

Filip had stomach cramps, the pushing and shoving at the front was unrelated to his DNF.

10. Collapse Details

Is it just me or has anyone else seen so much foot contact as Jakob Ingebrigtsen? It seems almost every race I see him run, he is clipping someone from behind or trying to squeeze past someone in lane one or even "pushing" runners to get ahead. I'm not saying the foot contact is on purpose, but after the tenth time, I wonder. I know he likes to run on the curb, but sometimes you have to pass runners on the right side.