Facts, Not Fiction

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    Undefeated in all individual races, both rounds and finals, in 2013 indoors and outdoors. And Bowerman winner (which I think Holloway should get).
    Rollins also got both the outdoor collegiate record at NCAA and the American record at USATF.

2. Collapse Details

Ah sorry didnt see world champion. Thought you just meant NCAA season. Off the top of my head, Brianna Rollins in 2013.
    Undefeated in all individual races, both rounds and finals, in 2013 indoors and outdoors. And Bowerman winner (which I think Holloway should get).
    Rollins has a good case. On the one hand she broke the outdoor AR while Holloway didn't On the other hand Holloway broke the indoor AR while Rollins didn't. On the one hand she was undefeated in the hurdles, both indoor and outdoors. On the other hand she had no collegiate rival as formidable as Daniel Roberts. However, I believe Holloway's trump card is the indoor 60, an event in which he was undefeated and won an NCAA title. His 4x100 NCAA title, 4x100 CR and 4x400 NCAA runner-up are just the icing on the cake.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Rollins has a good case. On the one hand she broke the outdoor AR while Holloway didn't On the other hand Holloway broke the indoor AR while Rollins didn't. On the one hand she was undefeated in the hurdles, both indoor and outdoors. On the other hand she had no collegiate rival as formidable as Daniel Roberts. However, I believe Holloway's trump card is the indoor 60, an event in which he was undefeated and won an NCAA title. His 4x100 NCAA title, 4x100 CR and 4x400 NCAA runner-up are just the icing on the cake.
    Good point I pretty much agree. Especially as I forgot he won the indoor 60 as well.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    jazz delivers!

Roberts is a fantastic athlete who had zero chance of beating Holloway.
    Really? I would give him about 50% - lost marginally at NCAAs and beat him at USATF. Up until the end he looked better than Holloway in the semi and he is typically 0.05 better than Holloway the last 20 meters. Look at how quickly he got tot he finish despite the major mixup with the hurdle. Holloway is a better athlete/sprinter than Roberts but Roberts is the better hurdler.

5. Collapse Details

Maybe from now on whenever McLeod is in a race he should be banished to the outside lane.

6. Collapse Details

Ortega was pretty clearly going to get silver. Reminds me of 2011 when Liu Xiang was almost certainly going to win.

Holloway though having basically a dream season!
    yes, Ortega got a raw deal. looked like an easy 2nd to me. At least the Frenchman didnt get 4th again.

what a call by CookyMonsta for McLeod's screw up though!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    I just watched the video and I don't get it. It looked like Brathwaite infringed on Levy, not the other way around. Brathwaite even finished in lane 7 pushing Levy into lane 6.
    THATS WHAT I THOUGHT. so weird

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Fortius19 View Post
    what a call by CookyMonsta for McLeod's screw up though!
    Well he is in charge of McLeod's remote control.

9. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Really? I would give him about 50% - lost marginally at NCAAs and beat him at USATF. Up until the end he looked better than Holloway in the semi and he is typically 0.05 better than Holloway the last 20 meters. Look at how quickly he got tot he finish despite the major mixup with the hurdle. Holloway is a better athlete/sprinter than Roberts but Roberts is the better hurdler.
    maybe im just coming off a bad bet with Rai at 400H and felt like this one put some wind back in my sails!
    Last edited by user4; 10-03-2019 at 05:26 PM.

10. Collapse Details

Ortega with medal! That's ridiclous. So now IAAF is predicting future? ok.

I'm hearing Orlando Ortega will receive a bronze medal from last night's 110m hurdles race. The Spaniard was in silver medal position before a tumbling Omar McLeod interrupted his stride between the final two barriers, causing him to slow considerably and cross the line fifth.

The original bronze medallist, Pascal Martinot-Lagarde, will keep his medal.