Facts, Not Fiction

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    The Bronze for O is 'fair' in the way we teach Kindergarteners what should be fair in life, but it sure ain't sports.
    Actually, it is supposed to be fair in sports. Thatís the point of this.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by asindc View Post
    Actually, it is supposed to be fair in sports. Thatís the point of this.
    DQing a runner is fair. Giving a medal to someone who didn't actually earn it by finishing in that spot - is not. S**t happens.

3. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Friends we have two options going forward,
    1) we can adopt rules that effectively eliminate the incidence of hurdlers reaching or stumbling across their lane and assaulting their opponent.
    or
    2) we can take the "$#**-happens" approach.
    Last edited by user4; 10-07-2019 at 11:12 PM.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    DQing a runner is fair. Giving a medal to someone who didn't actually earn it by finishing in that spot - is not. S**t happens.
    Scenario: hurdle race with two runners well ahead of the field, lets say a hurdle ahead.
    One leader goes down taking the other with him and the hurdler in third beats both to the finish. You do not think it fair to move the impeded runner ahead of a guy he was beating by 9 meters?
    Give me a break.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    Friends we have two options going forward,
    1) we can adopt rules that effectively eliminate the incidence of hurdlers reaching or stumbling across their lane and assaulting their opponent.
    or
    2) we can take the "$#**-happens" approach.
    3) we can run the hurdles like the multis do: 4 lanes at a time with an empty lane between
    Them. That will solve the problem.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    3) we can run the hurdles like the multis do: 4 lanes at a time with an empty lane between
    Them. That will solve the problem.
    That crossed my mind too... or 60 " wide lanes... but that would not keep hurdler from drifting

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Scenario: hurdle race with two runners well ahead of the field, lets say a hurdle ahead.
    One leader goes down taking the other with him and the hurdler in third beats both to the finish. You do not think it fair to move the impeded runner ahead of a guy he was beating by 9 meters?
    Give me a break.
    did you not watch the 2011 final???? that's exactly what happened... the leader in that race didn't get a gold btw.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    I'm going to go further, because user4 has to, and say in addition to my previous stated changes, that we need to return to DQ s if you knock over more than one hurdle. Small contact with hurdles is fine, knock two down beyond 45degrees and you are DQed.

The present state of the event is a distortion of the 110h as intended.

funny, i said that years ago here, that hurdlers should be DQ for knocking down hurdles willy-nilly, and was laughed out of here...

9. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by uakari View Post
    funny, i said that years ago here, that hurdlers should be DQ for knocking down hurdles willy-nilly, and was laughed out of here...
    You were bold and grounded in principle, I commend you and learned from you.

I'm opposed to anything less than an 8 man final and we need an 8 man podium, enough already!!!
    Last edited by user4; 10-08-2019 at 11:45 AM.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by uakari View Post
    did you not watch the 2011 final???? that's exactly what happened... the leader in that race didn't get a gold btw.
    I don't remember what I had for breakfast today and you want me to remember a race from 2011?