Facts, Not Fiction

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

They were shouting to 'watch the clock'; I was looking at all the runners pretty close to the front and knew that we were not in 46.x territory or we would have had 7 sub-48.

What does the bruise mean for the men's 4x400, which I figured would have RB?

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tm71 View Post
    Rai said he had a bone bruise before the meet and his coach wanted to scratch him but he competed anyway. he also said he is trying to 12 step all the way around. If he manages thzt it Is goodbye Kevin young WR next year!
    Whatever; two years ago everyone said Warholm was an undeserving world champ, since the standard was so low. Now we are in the greatest ever 400H era and he still wins. Please keep underrating him.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    Im almost ready to start thinking of him as the greatest track and field athlete of the year.
    Not commenting on him or any other candidates for AOY, but interesting that this year the WC is the last meet, not followed by any DL meets or finals that feature tired athletes past their peak and sometimes dilute or muddy the AOY discussion. THAT thread can open up on Sunday without any "wait and see" caveats.

4. Collapse Details

I'm really impressed by how far back Samba came to snag a medal! I stand by my opinion that he's the best of the three, and with a full season of health under him, he'll prove it in Tokyo.

Great win for Warholm! He's put together a stellar season. I didn't know Benjamin wasn't at full health; he ran a great race given the circumstances.

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    Im almost ready to start thinking of him as the greatest track and field athlete of the year.
    wait'll you see the men's shot :-)

6. Collapse Details

Left-leg lead vs right-leg lead over two turns?

May well have been the difference in the end, IMO.

Rai, I thought chopped a step at a hurdle and seemed to slow around the 200 mark.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Whatever; two years ago everyone said Warholm was an undeserving world champ, since the standard was so low. Now we are in the greatest ever 400H era and he still wins. Please keep underrating him.
    I was a doubter, but no more. On the other hand, if we told you before-hand that Warholm would run 47.44 in the final, most all of us would have said, 'not bad for the Bronze'.
    Obviously nerves got to the 3 big'ns (or Samba just wasn't in top shape), and Warholm definitely won that war. He gets the Jonathan Edwards award for most unassuming looks for a champion. I hope he gets the WR and wins Tokyo, just because Norway appreciates him more than we do our champions.
    Although the times were off, it was still an epic match-up.

8. Collapse Details

At the end of last year, Warholm's best time was 47.64. This year, all of his times in finals were sub-47.5, except for his season opener in May (47.85).

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tm71 View Post
    Rai said he had a bone bruise before the meet and his coach wanted to scratch him but he competed anyway. he also said he is trying to 12 step all the way around. If he manages thzt it Is goodbye Kevin young WR next year!
    He actually said he was practicing 12 steps for 4-5 hurdles down the backstretch.
    Rough for Benjamin who runs pr (400m) in April to be at his best in October.
    Think Norman is running on fumes also. (43.45 in April)

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    That post was more about what Benjamin can do & less about Warholm. Cant take anything away from him & what he’s in accomplished. World champ in ‘17. And he’s been the man this year, no doubt.

Doesn’t mean that Benjamin doesn’t have WR potential. Both things can be true.

Same goes for those that believe that a healthy Samba who dominated last season, is still the man to beat in Tokyo. Doesn’t have to be a slight to Warholm. ����*♂️
    Last edited by _Jay; 10-01-2019 at 02:20 AM.