Facts, Not Fiction

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

No DQ for running farther than you need to unless you interfere with the other runner or the hurdle.

2. Collapse Details

Perhaps an error, but the IAAF website shows him with a small q; this is four hours after the race. Wonder if it's an error or was he re-instated ala Ingebritsen?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    No DQ for running farther than you need to unless you interfere with the other runner or the hurdle.
    That has always been my understanding of the rule... maybe that is in the presenters rule book like "rounding down" times

4. Collapse Details

Looks like he has been reinstated

5. Collapse Details

That DQ didn't make sense. If that was upheld as a legitimate DQ, they'd have to DQ everybody who hit down a hurdle with their leading foot.

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    maybe they were intrepreting the rule as "break a hurdle, go to jail....."

7. Collapse Details

It's so unfortunate that Samba got injured this year. I really believe he has the highest ceiling of the big three, and would have won gold here - at a home world champs no less - had he had a full season of health. Injury really does strike at the most inopportune of times, but that's sport and life in general.

As it stands, the titanic duel between Warholm and Benjamin is underway for Monday. I think they'll both dip under the WR, and I think McMaster may beat out Samba for bronze.

8. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by AFelixFan View Post
    It's so unfortunate that Samba got injured this year. I really believe he has the highest ceiling of the big three, ....
    until he turns in a 400 relay leg like Benjamin (or a flat 400 leg), I'll have to believe otherwise

9. Collapse Details

This is the first time I can remember seeing the "breakaway hurdles". (Of course, usually the long hurdlers don't hit them as hard as McMaster did.) Are they new on the scene, and are there any rule changes that apply to them?
    (I'm assuming these are different, since the first hurdle appeared to just give way when McM hit it, rather than splintering.)

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    until he turns in a 400 relay leg like Benjamin (or a flat 400 leg), I'll have to believe otherwise
    Were Moses, Hemery, Aki-Buaa, all that great over 400m flat? No idea what Slats Hardinís best was over 400m.

Samba may not be at his best in Doha this year. But WC 2019 is not the final word. Many of us believe, Samba could be the best, based on what we observed over the last 18 months or so.