Facts, Not Fiction

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    Make no mistake - if the goal is maximum relay efficiency, combined with unparalleled baton safety, upsweep is superior, period.
    Amen!!!! Seventy years ago, we even used upsweep on mile relay...as to increased arm extension on head high pass... doubtful... looking back, waving arm is no way to accelerate... or close.

2. Collapse Details

Don't argue with the expert, fellas.

3. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    But Mr. Guru is set in his belief, period, and nothing will convince him otherwise.

21 years of personal experience with the technique - including state and national relay championships we would have never won without it - inform my "belief". The numbers don't lie.
    There are no strings on me

4. Collapse Details

I have a question about the U.S. men's 4x1. And I also wondered about this when I was at the Worlds in Doha. Why did the coaches exclude Christopher Belcher? He did not run in the prelim or the finals. I know he finished 6th in his heat, and it looked as if he did not give it his best effort. I was just wondering, may be was injured or something.

5. Collapse Details

How many practice passes does it take for runners to make reliable, efficient passes? 10, 100, 500, 1000?

How many of these need to be in a race situation?

Iím sure there is no specific number, but what do the coaches try to have accomplished before a championship?

6. Collapse Details

The obvious problem that the USA Relay Coach has, that HS and college coaches don't, is that s/he has to deal with a pool of professional athletes that each have their own agendas, schedules, coaches, financial expectations, peaking regimens, etc., etc..
    Trying to get them together (which takes away from their individual objectives) and have some quality time to practice is like solving a Rubik's Cube - too many pieces to have to move together.

7. Collapse Details

For the 4x100 it think it is useful to have a close to the final quartet as possible to help get the exchanges right.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by asindc View Post
    I think that given the recent history of the m4x100, we risk becoming hyper-critical.
    I really agree with this. The US men have had issues, but the conversation over the years have made it seem as if all other countries AND all HS and College teams are basically perfect.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    I really agree with this. The US men have had issues, but the conversation over the years have made it seem as if all other countries AND all HS and College teams are basically perfect.
    Well, you are right about that. Other countries have had their problems too.