Facts, Not Fiction

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
    USA get the gold back.

Big congrats to Belgium after being 4th so many times this decade. Finally they get a WC medal.
    I second that. Glad to see Belgium cash in after so many close calls.

2. Collapse Details

Mike Norman on this squad in Tokyo puts them in 2:55, maybe 2:54 territory!

Borlee, Belgium, for the bronze!

3. Collapse Details

The problem with Tokyo predictions is that its getting really hard to keep your top 4 guys healthy and in peak shape. In April, I would have said the US 4X4 squad would have been Kerley, Norman, Khamari Montgomery and maybe Cherry or even Lashawn Merritt. Tonight, that prediction would have been laughable.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DentyCracker View Post
    USA trials men's 400 shall be C R A Z Y!!!
    Unfortunately, I doubt it. I don't see Cherry, London, Norwood etc in the same league as Norman and Kerley individually. Relays tend to really bring the best out of runners who cant always consistently keep up over the flat race.

5. Collapse Details

Agreed. Obviously a different mindset in the open 400 vs the relay.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by einnod23 View Post
    Mike Norman on this squad in Tokyo puts them in 2:55, maybe 2:54 territory!...
    I believe the Men are closer to 2:54 than the Women are to 3:15, present day, in both talent and depth.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 58Commander View Post
    The problem with Tokyo predictions is that its getting really hard to keep your top 4 guys healthy and in peak shape. In April, I would have said the US 4X4 squad would have been Kerley, Norman, Khamari Montgomery and maybe Cherry or even Lashawn Merritt. Tonight, that prediction would have been laughable.
    On the other hand, there is a strong pipeline of 400m guys. The US junior squad had guys who could have contributed. Next year, it is likely that one of those kids will be ready to take a slot.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    On the other hand, there is a strong pipeline of 400m guys. The US junior squad had guys who could have contributed. Next year, it is likely that one of those kids will be ready to take a slot.
    I agree. There are at least 5-6 senior guys that have travelled under 44s with the baton...not to mention Robinson, to your point.

Who are the other juniors you see on the rise for '20 or '21?

9. Collapse Details

Hi,

to a few points above on certain things, the kerley opening leg i to myself thought the way he looked i.e. perhaps a bit tired sluggish but finished like a train the last 15m before handing over to cherry is that my confusion was the clock did not stop when the outside runner passed the line but once kerley had firmly handed over to cherry.

i think though all things aside an in form motivated kerley is capable of 43.4 or 43.3 now he is going to have a full winter under him with his first coach who got him that great 2017 college season and he should be stronger and perhaps faster, would love to see him go under 20 for the 200m to join wvn, MN, sg to name a few who all have fast 200m Pb's, even rai Benjamin has 19.99 200m Pb so that should be priority that with his great strength should see him low 43's when fit.

sorry for the kerley love fest he is one of my favorite 400m athletes at present.

speaking of juniors i.e. Justin Robinson by next year at trials and oly's he will be 18 and i read an article which i think i have saved encase i need to quote that his coach stated he expects him blow 44 next year as apparently that have not even tapped into his 400m potential yet.

p.s. does anyone think a top flight korir might be a better 400m runner than 800, and has what it takes with dedicated training to go sub 44?

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dpasv View Post
    I agree. There are at least 5-6 senior guys that have travelled under 44s with the baton...not to mention Robinson, to your point.

Who are the other juniors you see on the rise for '20 or '21?
    Robinson and bollings. Heck, coopers could improve again.