Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 137 of 137
  1. Collapse Details
     
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,706
    USATF only ratifies marks at the Annual Meeting, in keeping with 19th-century thinking.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    USATF only ratifies marks at the Annual Meeting, in keeping with 19th-century thinking.
    Not true any more, IIRC.

    The records committee can approve at any time after doping control results if mark is achieved at "USA National Championship, Olympic Trials, or other meet conducted by USATF, or in the Olympic Games, IAAF World Championship, IAAF Cup, or other meet conducted by the IAAF or sanctioned as a Permit meet by the IAAF or one of its Area Associations."
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,706
    then we should have had notification of his AR at least a month ago. (to say nothing of Muhammad's AR, which the IAAF has already ratified as the WR, so we have an American mark that's a WR, but not an AR)
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    then we should have had notification of his AR at least a month ago. (to say nothing of Muhammad's AR, which the IAAF has already ratified as the WR, so we have an American mark that's a WR, but not an AR)
    I bet we both know someone who could offer insight on that
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    A Temperate Island
    Posts
    7,578
    When do we ever get notification from any USATF committees? They very well could have approved it and no one knows, because of course the website is rarely updated.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Posts
    6,964
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    USATF only ratifies marks at the Annual Meeting, in keeping with 19th-century thinking.
    I deeply resent the idea that 19 century statisticians were antiquated in their thinking. Their thinking was way ahead of their time, their practice was limited by the technologies of the day. The exact opposite of today's official and bureaucrat.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    When do we ever get notification from any USATF committees? They very well could have approved it and no one knows, because of course the website is rarely updated.
    Ouch!!! Nice one.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •