Facts, Not Fiction

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    No, another contest would be anti-climatic.
    Exactly my thoughts. You can't end a season any better. Anything after today would be ho hum.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    from the T&FN predictions on the shot

<< This could rate as the event of the meet.>>
    Stunning. And it has been the event of the meet, period.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
    Really, what is really happening? How can three men be within ONE CENTIMETER...that for out?!?!
    A bigger question is how the IAAF thinks the shot put or discus can be spotted accurately to 1 cm. The top 3 were all within the margin of error and should be considered to be in a 3-way tie, or use their next best throws in the series to separate them.

4. Collapse Details

I was in Seoul in 1988 and thought that men's shot put was great, but this one today is off the charts. There will be another some day which will top this one.

5. Collapse Details

Jeez, for an event that was way over-hyped and couldn't possibly live up to our expectations . . . ?!?!?

Third place was 75 effin feet.

And of all the people to win it?

I'm going to need a while to process all that.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    A bigger question is how the IAAF thinks the shot put or discus can be spotted accurately to 1 cm. The top 3 were all within the margin of error and should be considered to be in a 3-way tie, or use their next best throws in the series to separate them.
    It's a three-way tie broken by the throwback. Ridiculous to think they can get with 1cm.

7. Collapse Details

Serious question, has the idea of using sensors inside the shot put been discussed? Or even overhead cameras that can precisely map/detect the exact landing spot?

How is the long jump automatically measured these days without a stick in the sand?

8. Collapse Details

holy moly that was ridiculous....

more ridiculous is that it wasn't broadcast on tv live in the US so when i went back to watch my recordings spoiler free i got to see the top 3 throws in order from 3rd to 1st, nothing else.

**** NBC

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Walsh argued with the officials about the red flag his 5th throw. It was huge, but wouldn't have improved his best anyway.
    Was there an official protest about that attempt? Even if it wasn't longer than 22.90 (and I'm no longer quite sure about it), it would have given him silver on countback at least.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

10. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Friends, I'm numb, having trouble comprehending the rarity of three super human explosive athletes all being at their best on the same day!!!... My head might explode!!

I have always marveled at the speed and power of Kovacs, but even I could not have predicted this. Kovacs in the circle, the most athletic 2sec in field history!!!
    Last edited by user4; 10-06-2019 at 01:31 AM.