Facts, Not Fiction

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    I actually know of the Schleyer Halle, but you get a triple "huh?!" with Gannon, Daggett and FIG, whatever/whomever they are.
    Terry Gannon was the lead announcer for ABC/espn at the 2003 WC in Paris. He did a very good job.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    I doubt the Halle holds more that 10k..sure doesn't look very spacious on TV. And, BTW, if it is sold out why do I see empty seats?
    Some ticket holders may fail to show up for one reason or another. Some may arrive late, or leave early. Some may be in the restroom or at the concession stand. A few empty seats here and there are probably one of those.

I saw a few blocks of seats totally empty. I suspect those are the seats the organizers decided not to sell because of obstructed view or something like that.

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by br View Post
    Terry Gannon was the lead announcer for ABC/espn at the 2003 WC in Paris. He did a very good job.
    Gannon failed to impress one poster after his '01 work. See last post in this thread from '03

https://trackandfieldnews.com/discus...ghlight=Gannon

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    the good news, if you're there, is that you can probably wander around the stadium and sit by whatever field event you want to focus on at the time.
    I miss the days when I used to do that at Pre, before the rotund guys in green blazers took control of such migrations ...