Facts, Not Fiction

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Vault-emort View Post
    I would have thought they would definitely have held Barshim medal ceremony tomorrow in the hope some of today's crowd come back for it. But they held it already didn't they? (wasn't shown on my stream).
    I was delighted that they held the ceremony this evening. The entrances tonight were a zoo, with long lines to get into the stadium (which involved going through security). The crowd was significantly greater than it had been on any previous night. I was dreading the process of getting transportation back to my hotel, and then dealing with post-meet traffic. But by leaving as soon as the 400 final was over, I was able to avoid the crunch, since a lot of the locals understandably stayed for the Barshim ceremony.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    since a lot of the locals understandably stayed for the Barshim ceremony.
    Really? Stadium looked to have cleared out by the time the ceremony was about to start.

3. Collapse Details

Maybe, but I was sitting close to an exit and Mrs. tandfman and I really scooted out of there as soon as they crossed the finish line of the 400. I saw the results on my iPhone, not on the scoreboard. We were really concerned about the traffic, which has been heavy all week.

4. Collapse Details

5. Collapse Details

How did the attendance for the 400mH final with Samba compare to other days? Was it the #2 attendance day after Barshims HJ final?

6. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Meanwhile...Hayward is coming along....

7. Collapse Details

Many of you seem to live in or near cities in which local media have provided coverage. Here in Reno, there has not been one word of mention in the local newspaper, nor on the local TV stations, including the NBC affiliate.
    Apparently, T&F has become regarded as a strange cult, no longer worthy of mention, while even football practice is newsworthy.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Many of you seem to live in or near cities in which local media have provided coverage. Here in Reno, there has not been one word of mention in the local newspaper, nor on the local TV stations, including the NBC affiliate.
    Apparently, T&F has become regarded as a strange cult, no longer worthy of mention, while even football practice is newsworthy.
    Interesting. This is the city where USATF will hold its Annual Meeting this year and next year.

9. Collapse Details

I took a sample look at the LA Times and they seem to have a fairly large article every day (four columns several inches high plus a photo; results in standard agate in addition). Even with the Salazar news, a majority of the text was about the races and the meet.

10. Collapse Details

Administrator
    text from Doha

<<a Florida-resident Jamaican who runs a hedge fund in London Ubered back to the hotel with me. He said after a couple of nights off from attending the meet he went to the stadium tonight to buy a walk-up ticket. At the ticket office the agent refused his credit card and just waved him and everybody else in line into the stadium. Flash decision to just let in anybody who wanted in.>>