Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    Lane/heat seeding protocols for WC?
    Maybe this is listed somewhere, but is the seeding protocol for the Worlds the same as it has been in previous years? That is, seeding for subsequent rounds is first by place and then by time? And in lane races (up through 800s and 4x400?) the top four seeds go randomly into the four middle lanes?

I suspect this is probably somewhere on iaaf.org, but I'm not the best at searching.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cigar95 View Post
    Maybe this is listed somewhere, but is the seeding protocol for the Worlds the same as it has been in previous years? That is, seeding for subsequent rounds is first by place and then by time? And in lane races (up through 800s and 4x400?) the top four seeds go randomly into the four middle lanes?

I suspect this is probably somewhere on iaaf.org, but I'm not the best at searching.
    Rule 166 has all the info you need!

3. Collapse Details

Okay, I now have the full IAAF competition rulebook - 166 is pretty long, but browsing it things look pretty similar to what I remember.

One thing I thought was interesting and I had never noticed before is that for races 800 and up, seeding for subsequent rounds is done by entry times, and not by the marks of the previous round. (Unless I misinterpreted that one.)

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cigar95 View Post
    Okay, I now have the full IAAF competition rulebook - 166 is pretty long, but browsing it things look pretty similar to what I remember.

One thing I thought was interesting and I had never noticed before is that for races 800 and up, seeding for subsequent rounds is done by entry times, and not by the marks of the previous round. (Unless I misinterpreted that one.)
    You are correct.