Facts, Not Fiction

 
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Collapse Details
    David Rudisha traffic accident
    #1
    I came across this today and a search on this site only found a single line in the "On your marks" for September.

    It looks like he was very lucky he was driving a modern Landcruiser. Older models would have injured him badly.

    Story in the Kenya's The Standard.

    Video here.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,701
    this was on our home page on August 25

    https://www.sport24.co.za/OtherSport...crash-20190825

    (unfortunately, the linked-headlines section resides outside the site's search function)
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    this was on our home page on August 25

    https://www.sport24.co.za/OtherSport...crash-20190825

    (unfortunately, the linked-headlines section resides outside the site's search function)
    Yeah, I thought it odd that I couldn't find it but that was a busy period of competition, so I thought it seemed reasonable to go missing.

    I also checked with Google site search, but found nothing there either (at least with the terms I used). At least somebody saw the story for the first time - me!
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by El Toro View Post
    I also checked with Google site search, but found nothing there either (at least with the terms I used).
    Search David Rudisha accident.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Search David Rudisha accident.
    Nope. No result for me with both www. and https:// variations using Google "site:" search for trackandfieldnews.com.

    Maybe I needed to invoke a USA location or something else on top of the site: search parameter.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by El Toro View Post
    Nope. No result for me with both www. and https:// variations using Google "site:" search for trackandfieldnews.com.

    Maybe I needed to invoke a USA location or something else on top of the site: search parameter.
    Sorry, I thought you were searching for news of the accident on the web, not particularly on this site.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Had he already retired?
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Had he already retired?
    no

    link on home page 4 days ago

    http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/201..._138394836.htm
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    That does not sound promising.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •