Facts, Not Fiction

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

My fall from grace was spectacular.

After talking up a big game heading in, and riding a wave of single figure positions through much of middle part of the Top 3 comp (I was #5 after 12 events, got to #2 after event 14, and was back up to #6 after event 30), I faded like an under-hydrated marathoner in the midnight Doha heat...

And ended up in 103rd position...

2. Collapse Details

I was 127th after 30 events. We should have teamed up.

3. Collapse Details

Please taken notice.

It was a hassle with the 4x400 relay woman. For which it already was clear for me that the outcome had not any effect at all on the top positions in the contests.
    Finally today I received the proof that there was no hanging of bronze medals at all at the ceremony. So, no points for bronze awarded following Rule 1: the first physical medal ceremony is binding.

Congrats to Alvaro and Johan new experts received eternal fame.

4. Collapse Details

Ronald, thanks again for running this. Hopefully, we'll all meet again for Tokyo.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

5. Collapse Details

While this championships is still fresh in our minds, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have an Atstat-like contest for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, with a deadline of next week. That could be very interesting.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TWalsh View Post
    While this championships is still fresh in our minds, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have an Atstat-like contest for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, with a deadline of next week. That could be very interesting.
    hmm, I think that is not too difficult to organize.
    I don't think it is necessary for now, but we can make it a challenge for during the Christmas period?
    The whole podium as always? Or is just the number one enough?

For the real sportaholics I should like to have a contest to predict all the medal winners of the olympics not just athletics. But I'm afraid the current tool is not ready for and finding all those participants in time could also be hard.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RvW View Post
    I don't think it is necessary for now, but we can make it a challenge for during the Christmas period?

For the real sportaholics I should like to have a contest to predict all the medal winners of the olympics not just athletics. But I'm afraid the current tool is not ready for and finding all those participants in time could also be hard.
    I consider myself a sportsaholic, but I would be totally clueless in picking many sports (all sorts of wrestling, boxing, weightlifting,shooting, equestrian and on and on).
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    Ronald, thanks again for running this. Hopefully, we'll all meet again for Tokyo.
    Yes, Thanks again Ronald another excellent contest. Can't say the same for my pics. But I was one throw away from a perfect SP. Darn Kovacs!!! ;-)

Hope to do better next year.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RvW View Post

Having the deadline during the Christmas period would be fine. A December 31st deadline would be interesting. I think we should pick all three medalists, just like we do now. It makes it more exciting. The scoring can be exactly the same. No need for any prize money for this contest.
    I hope you give it some thought, Ronald!!
    Last edited by TWalsh; 10-08-2019 at 07:42 PM.

10. Collapse Details

The final standings of the top3 contest are a bit wonky beyond 29th place, they're all off by delta, as if there was an update with the currently displayed standings and then another subsequent update that got reverted but the ranks shown are from before the revert.