Facts, Not Fiction

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    16 points in Confidence20 on Liu. That last Barber's throw went right through my heart.
    Whereas Barber's win shot me back up into contention in the Top 3

2. Collapse Details

As usual, I am mighty near to DFL in the 20-Confidence Game!!
    I got as high as 6th in the 3-Game, but am now mired in the 20s, 1 pt ahead of . . . T&FN.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    20s
    Must be nice.

4. Collapse Details

So Doha turned out to be a great meet after all! Lots of spectacular finishes and superb marks.

In this Dutch contest, there are probably lurkers here who did better, but congrats to regular poster here, David Donley, 9th, whipping my butt down in 18th.

I consider my score a meh, because I could have xeroxed the T&FN picks and gotten the same score (not incl. the Mixed Relay, which they didn't pick).

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I consider my score a meh, because I could have xeroxed the T&FN picks and gotten the same score (not incl. the Mixed Relay, which they didn't pick).
    Vanilla picks are usually good; even more so this year, when Most Chosen almost made the top 10.

I got way too creative and paid the price; I couldn't have done any worse if I'd made things go wrong with an electrified make-things-go-wrong machine.

6. Collapse Details

The less said about my performance in the basic contest, the better (although I would have finished about 20 places higher had I not made one mistake in selecting an athlete). But at least I made the pick 20 top 20
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

7. Collapse Details

#16 IN Medals competition and #21 in top 20. #6 and #4 for U.S. Quite pleased.

8. Collapse Details

Congratulations to everyone who played in the Atstat prediction contest this year. Kudos to: Donley, Jordan Testerman, Atticus Crandall, Pawel Jackowski, Sampsa LopenUupunut, Pego, "AS" Andre, Ivan Stanko, Tuariki, Jeremyp, and Brian Russell. I'm sure I forgot a few people.
    It was great competing against all of you.
    Special thanks to Ronald van Weele for organizing this contest every year. I look forward to next year's competition. I'm making Ferdinando Fanin the early line favorite for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics Atstat contest. Ciao!

9. Collapse Details

Second above.
    I did poorly in medalists, but satisfactorily in confidence. 150 points - tied for 32nd.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

10. Collapse Details

Got 19th overall and was the 5th american in the medal contest, and tied for the most number of gold medal picks! But then horrible in the top 20.

Always fun and exciting to do these prediction contests here with everyone and Tokyo is just a few months away for the next one!
    Last edited by ATK; 10-07-2019 at 12:29 AM.