Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    Mideast Major Tension
    I think this needs it's own thread. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/a...gence-n1055101

If I am reading the maps on the strke locations correctly (not in this particular article) Doha is probably roughly 100 miles (as the crow flies) from where these alleged cruise missiles landed. If they were indeed launched from Iran that seems to me to be a little dicey for people attitudes towards being in Doha.

2. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    I tried to point that out....

Anyways...so it looks like Iran really did do it....

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post

Anyways...so it looks like Iran really did do it....
    Who said that? Give us a break!

4. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    It doesn't seem that big of a deal anyways...so you folks who shorted oil stocks can relax now....

Oil retreated sharply from its biggest one-day jump in a decade on Tuesday as investors weighed a positive report on the outlook for bringing Saudi Arabia’s output back online after a strike on the country’s production infrastructure at the weekend.

The moves followed an unconfirmed report from Reuters that Saudi oil output would be back online fully in the next two to three weeks.

https://www.ft.com/content/a2214e9e-...b-77216ebe1f17
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 09-17-2019 at 07:22 PM.

5. Collapse Details

Regardless of who did it, Qatar is pretty close to Iran. It is doubtful Iran would attack Qatar, though, even if they did hit the Saudis. They are angry over the damage the Kingdom is inflicting on their proxies in Yemen.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    It doesn't seem that big of a deal anyways...so you folks who shorted oil stocks can relax now....

Oil retreated sharply from its biggest one-day jump in a decade on Tuesday as investors weighed a positive report on the outlook for bringing Saudi Arabia’s output back online after a strike on the country’s production infrastructure at the weekend.

The moves followed an unconfirmed report from Reuters that Saudi oil output would be back online fully in the next two to three weeks.
    It's not that big a deal when it comes to oil supplies. But what about peace in the Middle East?
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
    Regardless of who did it, Qatar is pretty close to Iran. It is doubtful Iran would attack Qatar, though, even if they did hit the Saudis. They are angry over the damage the Kingdom is inflicting on their proxies in Yemen.
    Obviously I don't have a clue about geo-politics.
    Why would Iran risk an all-out war with the Saudis when they know we have SA's back (and don't like them to begin with).

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Obviously I don't have a clue about geo-politics.
    Why would Iran risk an all-out war with the Saudis when they know we have SA's back (and don't like them to begin with).
    I'm sure you're familiar with the term "blowback". For every action there's an equal and opposite reaction. I don't know who you mean by "we", but I have no beef with the Iranians or any other people in that region though I do have a problem with certain leaders.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    I don't know who you mean by "we", but I have no beef with the Iranians
    You are not the Commander-in-Chief that they have to worry about. We already have one who has made it abundantly clear that he's got the Kingdom's back. He even tweeted the phrase, 'locked and loaded' in referring to the next possible step.

10. Collapse Details

Administrator
    some of you jus never learn