Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    New Half Marathon WR 58:01
    ???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

2. Collapse Details

almost the best thing about that video is how Kamworwor didn't take the flowers until they were literally put in to his hand: one of the most ridiculous "traditions" in T&F is rushing up to someone who is totally exhausted, out of breath, elated about winning a big race or a gold medal and handing them a bouquet of flowers that they almost always can't get rid of fast enough!

3. Collapse Details

Amazing race!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    almost the best thing about that video is how Kamworwor didn't take the flowers until they were literally put in to his hand: one of the most ridiculous "traditions" in T&F is rushing up to someone who is totally exhausted, out of breath, elated about winning a big race or a gold medal and handing them a bouquet of flowers that they almost always can't get rid of fast enough!
    Yep. How do we petition the IAAF to get rid of the flower nonsense?

5. Collapse Details

When your only job is to hand out flowers to the winner....you have to do it...so we should sympathize...there are worse things....like pee in this cup please....

Great race...he looked awesome....I noticed he went up on the sidewalk on a turn....I hope that was how the course was measured....they said the course measurer was following along right behind on a bike...so I presume it was....

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    When your only job is to hand out flowers to the winner....you have to do it...so we should sympathize...
    Nobody's blaming the individual who was handing out the flowers; the blame is on the race organizers who bought the flowers and put somebody up to the task of handing them to the winner.

7. Collapse Details

I wonder who dreamed up the flowers idea ... I'm pretty sure it was not a thing a couple of decades ago. Maybe the same official who is advocating eliminating the 200m or triple jump.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    ..I noticed he went up on the sidewalk on a turn....I hope that was how the course was measured....
    That doesn't sound right. measurer, are you there?

9. Collapse Details

Actually I looked at it again....and it's a bike lane not a sidewalk...and the fence separates the runners from the sidewalk ...so I think it is good....it's at 51:42 into the race....

10. Collapse Details

It sounds as if the course was measured with the assumption that the runners would have access to the bike lane, which would make what he did ok.