Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 114
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #81
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,634
    what political agenda caused any particular non-possible double in Doha?
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    16,033
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    what political agenda caused any particular non-possible double in Doha?
    I don't believe there's any political agenda in setting the schedule. There just might be a marketing one.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    on task
    Posts
    11,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    I don't believe there's any political agenda in setting the schedule. There just might be a marketing one.
    Indeed, my use of 'political agenda' includes any ideas that do not put the athletes first, which obviously they are NOT doing.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #84
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    women's LJ/TJ is essentially impossible in Doha, with the LJ Q just 2.5 hours before the TJ final.
    That really is weird, isn't it?
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    N38 40, W 121 52
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    women's LJ/TJ is essentially impossible in Doha, with the LJ Q just 2.5 hours before the TJ final.
    Ibarguen is provisionally entered in both. If she is finally entered in both, i.e. appears on the start lists for both events, is there some consequence if she decides not to compete in the LJ qualifying, like the NCAA "honest effort" rule? I've been searching in the IAAF Competition Rules, but I can't find anything.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shank View Post
    Ibarguen is provisionally entered in both. If she is finally entered in both, i.e. appears on the start lists for both events, is there some consequence if she decides not to compete in the LJ qualifying, like the NCAA "honest effort" rule? I've been searching in the IAAF Competition Rules, but I can't find anything.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    The only thing I can think of is that maybe Ibarguen wants to use the long jump for some sort of warm-up for the triple jump later that night. She might just take one or two jumps.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shank View Post
    Ibarguen is provisionally entered in both. If she is finally entered in both, i.e. appears on the start lists for both events, is there some consequence if she decides not to compete in the LJ qualifying, like the NCAA "honest effort" rule? I've been searching in the IAAF Competition Rules, but I can't find anything.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Search again and start your search with Rule 142.4.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #88
    I didn't know KW was interested in 400H/400. He's got nothing to lose by doing the 4, although the heats are the day after his WR setting run in the 400H, and he may be a little tired.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    N38 40, W 121 52
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Search again and start your search with Rule 142.4.
    Thank you! There IS an "honest effort" rule, with a medical exception. So, if Ibarguen is finally entered and is on both start lists, then as I read the rule, she would be excluded from participating in the TJ final if she fails to compete in the earlier LJ qualification.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    N38 40, W 121 52
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortius19 View Post
    I didn't know KW was interested in 400H/400. He's got nothing to lose by doing the 4, although the heats are the day after his WR setting run in the 400H, and he may be a little tired.
    You mean after setting the record for fastest 2nd place ever! >:-)
    Cheers,
    Alan shank
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •